• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good 'Double act' names!

That can in a way make it all more tricky that one will be your dad's girlfriend's. Maybe if she sees that you're getting a baby bun from a rescue she might agree to get one from there as well, if say there's a litter to choose from.

Hi, so so so so so so so so so so sorry! My memory isn't very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like I said on the other thread, it's ok, I often forget the stuff I'm researching too as it's a lot to take in and remember. I just had to ask is all :lol: I wanted to yesterday but couldn't figure out how to without sounding really blunt but then decided I'd just be blunt :lol::oops:

That can in a way make it all more tricky that one will be your dad's girlfriend's. Maybe if she sees that you're getting a baby bun from a rescue she might agree to get one from there as well, if say there's a litter to choose from.

Like I said on the other thread, it's ok, I often forget the stuff I'm researching too as it's a lot to take in and remember. I just had to ask is all :lol: I wanted to yesterday but couldn't figure out how to without sounding really blunt but then decided I'd just be blunt :lol::oops:

Hi! I am also considering 'rescuing a bunny from a breeder if you know what I mean (bunnies that are bred and treated badly) what would you think about that?

Hi! I am also considering 'rescuing a bunny from a breeder if you know what I mean (bunnies that are bred and treated badly) what would you think about that?

I imagine that would only fuel the demand, allowing the breeder to breed more. It'd help that one bunny but not the situation at large. Same as buying from a pet store - saves one bunny but causes the pet store to keep breeding rabbits in bad conditions. Unless the breeder decided to stop breeding and sell all their stock, but I guess you can't ever really be sure if they're telling the truth or not.

You could however adopt a rabbit off free ads e.g. gumtree that is being given away. You know, like the 'my kids got bored so now I'm getting rid of the rabbit' type ads. The downside of that is that the rabbit won't be health checked like they would be if they came from a rescue. Or neutered or vaccinated.

There's also the possibility of adopting from the P@H adoption section. I know some people on this forum have done that.

Overall I do think it's just most convenient to go to a good rescue. Folks on here can point you to a good one - there's plenty of awful rescues.

I imagine that would only fuel the demand, allowing the breeder to breed more. It'd help that one bunny but not the situation at large. Same as buying from a pet store - saves one bunny but causes the pet store to keep breeding rabbits in bad conditions. Unless the breeder decided to stop breeding and sell all their stock, but I guess you can't ever really be sure if they're telling the truth or not.

You could however adopt a rabbit off free ads e.g. gumtree that is being given away. You know, like the 'my kids got bored so now I'm getting rid of the rabbit' type ads. The downside of that is that the rabbit won't be health checked like they would be if they came from a rescue. Or neutered or vaccinated.

There's also the possibility of adopting from the P@H adoption section. I know some people on this forum have done that.

Overall I do think it's just most convenient to go to a good rescue. Folks on here can point you to a good one - there's plenty of awful rescues.

True, I never thought about it that way!

My bunnies were 12 weeks old when I adopted them from a rescue, so rescues absolutely do have babies. Depending on where you live their might be a larger rescue with lots of bunnies for your dads girlfriend to pick from too.
Older rabbits from a rescue will be vaccinated, neutered and health checked so this will save you money and also mean you're getting a rabbit that is healthy...

My bunnies were 12 weeks old when I adopted them from a rescue, so rescues absolutely do have babies. Depending on where you live their might be a larger rescue with lots of bunnies for your dads girlfriend to pick from too.
Older rabbits from a rescue will be vaccinated, neutered and health checked so this will save you money and also mean you're getting a rabbit that is healthy...

I do realise that there are babies but they don't realise that, she has her heart set on a certain breed of rabbit as well. And she wants a baby bunny...

Sorry but some of the comments have made steam come out of my ears
If you and your dads girlfriend haven't owned bunnies before please don't go and buy two..buying won't gurantee health or character
Two from a rescue will be health checked and assessed so you will know what you're getting..they will also be neutered which will stop territorial beahvious developing and any unwanted babies as buying doesn't guarantee sex either.
what breed is she after? Most breeds can be found in rescue.

Sorry but some of the comments have made steam come out of my ears
If you and your dads girlfriend haven't owned bunnies before please don't go and buy two..buying won't gurantee health or character
Two from a rescue will be health checked and assessed so you will know what you're getting..they will also be neutered which will stop territorial beahvious developing and any unwanted babies as buying doesn't guarantee sex either.
what breed is she after? Most breeds can be found in rescue.

Yeah this. Dunno why anyone would want to go through the hassle of buying from a breeder or pet shop. We've had three rescue bunnies and one that was given to us and getting him neutered was an extra stress and expense we could have done without.

I do realise that there are babies but they don't realise that, she has her heart set on a certain breed of rabbit as well. And she wants a baby bunny...

You can definitely find most breeds/colours and babies in rescues! I volunteer for the RSPCA and in the space of a few months saw a Belgian hare, dwarf lops, English spot, netherland dwarfs and lots of other lovely rabbits such as harlequin colours, and many babies! I understand its not your decision though, but you could try explain this to her. Lots of people don't realise how many rabbits are in rescues.

I just don't get it at all.
I've owned rabbits for 15 years and wouldn't willingly take on bonding. How do you intend to do it? How will you keep them separate until they have been neutered?

You can definitely find most breeds/colours and babies in rescues! I volunteer for the RSPCA and in the space of a few months saw a Belgian hare, dwarf lops, English spot, netherland dwarfs and lots of other lovely rabbits such as harlequin colours, and many babies! I understand its not your decision though, but you could try explain this to her. Lots of people don't realise how many rabbits are in rescues.

If we already had a neutered rabbit and wanted to adopt one from th rspca could we bring them in for bonding? Just wondering

If we already had a neutered rabbit and wanted to adopt one from th rspca could we bring them in for bonding? Just wondering

Some rescues will do bonding for you for a donation, the RSPCA I volunteer at sadly doesn't have the staff/volunteers available to give up that much time. And even then the move from the centre to your accommodation may disrupt the bond. It is a very delicate and can be hard process! The best way to get around it is get a neutered pair together that are already bonded

I'd defo go for rescue - I got my two lionhead brothers from a rescue, they were 6 months old! They are as cute as buttons :love:
It's so much easier to get a neutered pair. It's also ridiculously cheap too! Considering neutering is £60+ for male and £80+ for female. Where as you could get two already neutered from a rescue for about £60.

Oh my gosh!!!! Might have huge news!
I think I'm actually getting somewhere convincing them to adopt a pair!!!!!!! [emoji847]

Back