• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gizmo isn't very well at all :(

Hi Claire I haven't posted but have actively read this thread, after seeing this update and those gorgeous photos I had to comment. I just wanted to say I am so thrilled to hear Gimzo pulled through! Wonderful news! I am so happy for you, these pictures are adorable!! :love:

Evening Maddymoo78. Awwwwwww thank you ever so much.
There was a couple of times that we didn't think he would pull through as he was that ill so we're over the moon that he did pull through in the end.
I've taken quite a few pics of him today but the two I posted were my two favourite ones xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oh bless him!! He deserves the fuss and so do you. So pleased he's continuing to do well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning SJH I agree he does deserve the fuss after everything he's been through the last two weeks. He's in the back garden nibbling away at the lawn at the moment xx

Good Morning Barn Yard Bunnies thank you, he is a little sweetie, everyone who meets him loves him xx

What a gorgeous little boy he is :love: and he has certainly landed on his paws with his home and devoted humans :d rabbits really do wriggle into your heart don't they, such wonderful characters :d

What a gorgeous little boy he is :love: and he has certainly landed on his paws with his home and devoted humans :d rabbits really do wriggle into your heart don't they, such wonderful characters :d
Good evening Clare-uk and thank you. He is very spoilt [emoji7].
They certainly do wriggle into your heart and are wonderful characters xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

so lovely to read that he is home and doing well. really lovely xxx
Good evening biscandmatt1 we are so glad to finally have him back home with us. Finally saw him have a good run around the garden yesterday but it was only to chase a pigeon which eventually flew onto the shed then Gizmo stood there looking up at him, that's when we knew he was getting back to his normal self.
Gizmo is back at our normal vets at 8.45am in the morning for a final check up and to be signed off xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much mariposa.
We took Gizmo to his normal vets this morning and was told his stomach feels perfect and he's put a tiny bit of weight back on as he now weighs 1.35kg xxxx

We took Gizmo to his normal vets this morning and was told his stomach feels perfect and he's put a tiny bit of weight back on as he now weighs 1.35kg xxxx

Really wonderful news :D

Thank you Jack's-Jane and omi.
He's still not interested in his pellets (he did eat three pellets yesterday though) but he's eating lots of readigrass and he's going outside alot more on the lawn. The vets said he will gradually start getting his appetite back xx

Great news Claire. Must be such a relief!:D

Evening MightyMax it's such a relief, it's so good to see little Gizmo back to his normal self.

Evening mariposa and thank you. It will be lovely when he's got his full appetite back but the vets said it could be another 3-4 weeks before he's 100%.

Evening olices awwwwww thank you.
Everyone who meets Gizmo loves him as he's such a character.

Dear Claire,

I just caught up to your latest posts and I am so happy that your little Gizmo is home and healthy. It is comforting to hear you had your fiance to support you, and vice versa, during Gizmo's illness.
He sounds like a lovely bunny and I admire you and your fiance for giving him two weeks of wonderful care so he could heal.
He is very lovable.

Good morning bunny momma and thank you for your lovely message.
We both love Gizmo so much, he cheers us both up with the things he does every day.
He is a lovely bunny and is certainly getting back to his old self, jumping into our arms for long fusses, jumping onto the bottom shelf of the cupboard when we open it as he knows that his food is kept in there and he's started to follow us around the house again especially when we go in the kitchen as he goes straight to the cupboard where his food is kept and sits in front of it.

When Gizmo was ill for those two weeks we pushed everything else to the back of our minds and concentrated on Gizmo getting better xx

Back