• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gizmo isn't very well at all :(

Good evening all and thank you for the messages and support.
We were going to see Gizmo this afternoon but the emergency vets where he is at the moment had quite a lot of emergencies in today so we've got to call them about 10 in the morning and hopefully we can see him tomorrow.
We were told that he's doing well and today he's been out of his cage and hopping around the room and he's also been climbing on top of his pet carrier. He's having a lot of fuss there too.
We're missing the little guy so much [emoji853][emoji853][emoji853][emoji853] xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Shame you couldn't see him but this is amazing news!!! Yay!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i can't believe I missed this amazing update, go Gizmo. Sorry you couldn't visit. really hope he is home soon x

Brilliant to see your update about Gizmo :) yippee. I'm sure it will be lovely to see him tomorrow and hopefully he will be well enough to come home soon.

We are quite a poop obsessed forum [emoji38] only because we know how important it is for a healthy bunny. My mum wasn't that impressed when I bought some inside to show her the other day :eek:

Evening MightyMax it sounds like he's enjoying himself there now, it won't want to come home lol.

Evening SJH it is a shame we couldn't get to see Gizmo today as we were both really looking forward to seeing him.

Evening joey& boo the updates are getting better aren't they yay. Hopefully it won't be long before he's back home with us.

Evening clare-uk it will be so lovely to see him tomorrow.
We are a poop obsessed forum 😁 but like you said we all know how important it is for healthy bunnies.

Evening omi and thank you, the little guy is getting so much better now so we're hoping he will be home very soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Good afternoon everyone.

UPDATE: GIZMO IS HOME [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]
We called up this morning about going to visit Gizmo today and they said the blockage has gone and he's been eating/drinking on his own for a few days so he can go home today.
He was weighed before we left the vets today, 13 days ago he was 1.6kg, today his weight was 1.3kg so he's lost quite a bit of weight.
We went and picked him up at 11.30am and as soon as we got back home and unzipped his carrier he ran to the patio doors to go outside.
He's on medication for the next few days, emeprid x 2 daily and we were told to book an appointment at our normal vets for Wednesday which has been done, 8.45am we've got to take him there so he can have a final check and to be signed off.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Brilliant news and the fact that he's lost weight is just another excuse to spoil him rotten :D But not too much, so that he doesn't get sick again. :lol:

Good afternoon everyone.

UPDATE: GIZMO IS HOME [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]
We called up this morning about going to visit Gizmo today and they said the blockage has gone and he's been eating/drinking on his own for a few days so he can go home today.
He was weighed before we left the vets today, 13 days ago he was 1.6kg, today his weight was 1.3kg so he's lost quite a bit of weight.
We went and picked him up at 11.30am and as soon as we got back home and unzipped his carrier he ran to the patio doors to go outside.
He's on medication for the next few days, emeprid x 2 daily and we were told to book an appointment at our normal vets for Wednesday which has been done, 8.45am we've got to take him there so he can have a final check and to be signed off.

Lovely news and what a relief! x

Thank you all soooooooo much for your messages and support over the last two weeks while Gizmo has been ill.
To be honest there were times when Gizmo was so ill that me and my fiance didn't think he was going to make it.

He's been out in the back garden quite a bit today so far (he scratches at the patio doors when he wants to go out lol).
At the moment though he's fast asleep between my slippers xx

Thank you very much mariposa and Scrappy's Little Helper it's so good to have him back home xx

Good evening clare-uk and thank you.
Gizmo has been coming up to me all day for lots of fuss and following me around the house which has been lovely then when my fiance came back from work at 10.30pm Gizmo ran up to him then requested fuss off him too lol xx

539cf59083cb81f18cc4d3d1a1236ab4.jpg

d26a6e49c80957954a8f615102d56e5b.jpg

A couple of photos of Gizmo having a fuss.
One of the photos you can see where he had to have his ear shaved for his drip xx

Back