• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ginormous Rabbit - Lugs

Bertie said:
Lugs was very sweet, and I don't think his poorly ears will put people off adopting him. They look a bit daft, but they really do tug at the heart strings and make you realise what a horrible life he's had.

He looks a bit like he's got a comb-over. ;)

comb_over_evidence_D.jpg

I think you go straight back to Bobtails and get us a picture of Lugs to make up :D :lol:

A bonded pair of frenchies sound nice, I think both breeds are about the same size just different ears/shape.

Tam

Tamsin said:
I think you go straight back to Bobtails and get us a picture of Lugs to make up :D :lol:

Wilco! We'll likely be back next weekend, as I said, so we'll take the camera and get some pictures. :)

A bonded pair of frenchies sound nice, I think both breeds are about the same size just different ears/shape.

Yup; I think the Frenchies should be just a tadge larger, and they're (as you say) a different shape - chunkier. A lot of the giant rabbits have rather pointy heads too, whereas the frenchies have a good round grumpy looking face. :)

oooooo that has made me so mad! picked up by the ears!!! 9 rabbits for a child???? grrrrrrrrrr :x :x :x

on the bright side i have just seen all those beautiful dutch rabbits at Bobtails, they are adorable...

Odd this post popping up today as I just found Lugs on Rabbit Rehome this morning, so you can have a look at the poor chaps ears.

rabbit_1559.jpg

Quite a saucy shot. You can see that the ear that does lop properly looks quite chewed on. :(

Incidentally, it now seems the two Frenchies are staying with their owner.

hi Bertie...

i've noticed you don't get many french lops on RR; maybe it's because they're posted as large lops.... but anyway, i know of these two french lops that need homes.

heaven.jpg

now, he isn't as frightened as he looks here! he's really soft. he'd let you stroke him for hours given the choice! (He's Jack's cousin and when i met him and Jack i was really torn between the two of them...)

and here's the other i know about. from the same place. i don't know her at all as i'd made my mind up as soon as i set eyes on Jack. but she looks a beaut from her pic...

jet.jpg

the problem then? well, they're in Penistone; 'up north'

full contact details can be found on the following link http://www.animalraw.freeserve.co.uk/pets.htm

Lugs looks lovely, but im confused theve put him down as an english lop but he looks like a british giant to me. If he were an english lop the ears would both be down and they would be much longer and wider. Still great looking bunny glad hes been rescued, whots happened to the rest of them?. val

Lugs is meant to have both ears lopped but the muscles around one have been damaged so it hangs wrong. The owner was carrying him around by them, which considering his size its not surprising they were damaged.

I think they had frenchies as well so it could be a english lop cross. He's 6kg so definately something big in there :D

Tam

What a wonderful set up and what lucky animals. Just wish all the rabbits and piggies of this world could have such a grand setup.

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care.

Back