• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giants

Thank you. He is a giant softie. :love:

Hector's diet is a bit of an odd one. He simply does not do hay. He does grass and plenty of forage (I pick it and dry it so have my work cut out). He then has SS pellets (in accordance with the recommended portion for a 5kg bun). He also has two scoops of pro-fibre and a bit of veg. Probably a couple of celery sticks and some carrot top or chicory. He'll have a go at any food though.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The diet doesn't sound too different to B&B's, just scaled up a bit! :lol:

Everyone comments that Rosie is like a small dog too!
They are quite demanding, and do need lots of space. Mine have 15 ft sq run but even then she needs lots of free range garden time to be able to do proper bunny 500's.

Aside from heart and joint problems, they can be more prone to sore hocks too because of the weight on their feet so need a soft flooring. I've just put a rug and mats down on the wooden floor to protect her mahoosive feet!

I dont know if carpet is classed as 'soft' flooring, that was something I needed to ask about too!
If carpet isn't okay then is fleece?

We can't have a giants thread without some photo's for good measure! :love:
820fb81fd81ae869fc16c5a4c8a6ee19_zpsc691943c.jpg

Any excuse really:lol:

Ahh great!

Im thinking maybe a dog crate with vet bed in it as a 'base' but the door will constantly be open to free range - not certain though!

That's Hector's set up in the kitchen. :)

That's Hector's set up in the kitchen. :)

Not sure how big the crate would need to be, obviously pretty big!

Also need to protect my wallpaper but its far into the future yet so hopefully that can be sorted too!

Photos?! Oh go in then....

I've gone with a few for scale....

Back