• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant lop

Dylans_Mam

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to bond a giant lop with a medium sized lop? I was in pets at home yesterday and they are looking for a home for a giant female lop, she has been returned to them 3 times now, poo thing. The 3 people who have returned her have not rabbit proofed enough and she has chewed wires etc. She is lovely but very big and is still growng, she makes Dylan look tiny. Is it possible to keep a rabbit ofthis size with a medium sized lop?

Thanks

i would think so as long as there is not too much of a size difference but ive never bonded so not really sure.

We bonded our Jemima with Alfie (both bridge bunnies now :cry:). Jemima was a british giant & Alfie was a smallish bunny - I think it depends on the personalities of the bunnies & also if they are speyed / neutered. You don't want any accidents when trying to bond them, to risk injury to the smaller bunny :?

We bonded our Jemima with Alfie (both bridge bunnies now :cry:). Jemima was a british giant & Alfie was a smallish bunny - I think it depends on the personalities of the bunnies & also if they are speyed / neutered. You don't want any accidents when trying to bond them, to risk injury to the smaller bunny :?

Well Dylan is neutered, i dont thins she is though. She seems lovely, he let her out for me to have a look at her, she came straight over for as scratch and a cuddle. I would obviously get her spayed before i bond them. Im just worried about the size difference, would Dylan prefer a bun friend a similar size to him? Oh i dont know what to do, if i had the space i think i would give every rescue bun a home, hehe :). I just dont want to risk Dylan getting hurt. :?

Back