• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GGGrrrr this bun was left in an abandoned house . no food/water and knee deep in muck

My gorgeous (but norty) BARC bun George was left behind in a hutch in similar circumstances when his former owners moved out. I have him as a house bunny now as I didn't want him to ever have to go back to a hutch.

When I first adopted him he would nom all his food straight away as though he was never sure when the next meal would arrive (hardly surprising, poor darling). Now, he is much more relaxed over his noms and has really come out of himself since he was bonded with Gemma. He will even voluntarily go into his crate when I get the vaccuum out (he knows they are crated then as they kept trying to eat the cable).

I don't know what, if anything, he remembers of his former life. He remembers Auntie Angie from BARC and loves her lots for taking such good care of him but I hope he has forgotten being abandoned.

So glad this special bun is now safe and well and George sends him (or her) lots of love and empathic snuggles:love:

Bunny safely delivered to Kayj :D

he was left inside the house in a tiny indoor hutch. he wouldnt have been able to stand up on his back legs in it. Some neighbours said the horrible people were boasting about paying £200 for him. i imagine it has been a so called starter pack. rabbit, cage, hay , bowl etc I binned the bowl and bottle yeuch :censored:

I wish there was some way I could stop shops selling animals, or at least understand the impications of what they are doing.

anyway he seems very happy in his new home when i left. :love:

thanks you so much to kayj for taking him xx

hi Rhianna, ah I am so pleased that George found himself a nice home. Unfortunately what we do is only the tip of the iceberg where neglect and ignorance are concerned.
x

Bunny safely delivered to Kayj :D

he was left inside the house in a tiny indoor hutch. he wouldnt have been able to stand up on his back legs in it. Some neighbours said the horrible people were boasting about paying £200 for him. i imagine it has been a so called starter pack. rabbit, cage, hay , bowl etc I binned the bowl and bottle yeuch :censored:

I wish there was some way I could stop shops selling animals, or at least understand the impications of what they are doing.

anyway he seems very happy in his new home when i left. :love:

thanks you so much to kayj for taking him xx

Aww well done for rescuing him Barbara. He'll be happy with Kayj :thumb:

Benji is doing great. I have been sitting in his kennel with him and he now comes and gets on my lap. He is so friendly those horrible people don't know what they have lost leaving him behind but at least Benji will be having a friend as soon as he is neutered. He is coming to work with me today for his jabs, sao he will have a nice wander around the vets.

Yeah :D:love: he is a nice bunny. Thank you so much for taking him.

Little Sally is doing good too and I will put pics up tomorrow. She loves the garden but for some reason wont eat unless I am with her. I have slept on the sofa for two nights .. mad eh ?

Back