• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting rid of cleaning out waste

I take mine to the local tip which I'm really hoping they don't stop but I've a feeling they will soon. So silly as we're not allowed to put it in our 'green waste' bin but they empty these at our local tip!!! Can't work that one out!

Keep in touch with your MP as I'm sure they will help you, let us know how you get on.

I have rented our a few bins from Junk IT near our home in Toronto. When the bins are full They come and collect it themselves. All I have to do is call them. i have been using different bin rental services for years. It is not that expensive and our job gets done easily.

Gracious. I take between 6-8 bags of guinea waste to my local tip each week. If they stop that I don't know what to do. And then there's the 2 rabbits that I'll soon be taking in. Yikes.

I have a massive composter that I use however that's now full. Fortunately my council has just started a garden waste collection scheme (includes rabbit waste) which costs me £40 a year to be collected fortnightly for 9 months, they don't collect in the winter months but by then the composter will have space again.

It's a new service for my council it's been a long time coming too, they've listened to feedback before setting it up, there must be others who made comments about bunny waste as it's specifically mentioned as been accepted, it's all composted for agricultural use.

Mine (from a maximum of 5 rabbits) just went into brown bin (garden waste) although we now have to pay for that so it'll just go in black (landfill) bin.

Are there any neighbours who may want some to compost? Or could she compost it herself and perhaps sell the compost she doesn't use?

Mine goes into the garden waste bin. I contacted the council and they said that rabbit waste is fine to put into the garden waste bin as long as there is no newspaper in it. They will not however, take litter/waste from a meat eating animal, ie a cat. As I have 9 rabbits, I also use a neighbours bin as he has no need for it. Any surplus, we take to the local tip, but I was lucky last week as the council also took 5 extra bags of rabbit waste as well as the bins! :D

Back