• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friends at last....No, IT IS LOVE!!! 26.3.2011 6.50 PM

Estelle and Frankie have had a day in the garden.

Frankie is fine so long as he stays on the decking area..............that's what Estelle thinks anyway.
Estelle just loves being back in the garden, not overkeen on sharing ALL of it.

Just a couple of tiffs............nothing new there then.

Both are back in the conservatory for the night.

Trilby and Star the guineas love having bunnies back around them. I am sure that they really missed the bigger furry friends.

Considering Frankie was living in a hutch at Alice's, albeit inside a shed, he has coped remarkably with such extreme changes. Different smells, sounds, sights, laminate flooring, people, the new routine..............

He has not put a paw wrong. Well not with me anyway!!!

I think we are going to be just fine.

Estelle and Frankie have had a day in the garden.

Frankie is fine so long as he stays on the decking area..............that's what Estelle thinks anyway.Estelle just loves being back in the garden, not overkeen on sharing ALL of it.

Just a couple of tiffs............nothing new there then.

Both are back in the conservatory for the night.

Trilby and Star the guineas love having bunnies back around them. I am sure that they really missed the bigger furry friends.

Considering Frankie was living in a hutch at Alice's, albeit inside a shed, he has coped remarkably with such extreme changes. Different smells, sounds, sights, laminate flooring, people, the new routine..............

He has not put a paw wrong. Well not with me anyway!!!

I think we are going to be just fine.

Methinks madam is going to wear the trousers in this relationship. :lol:

Thank you.

How is Oscar? Give him a huge noserub from me please.

xx

He seems to get madder by the day, spent most of today sat in a cardboard box (which he only just fits in!) munching hay, charging round the dining room or asleep in his tent :lol::lol: :love:

we're still waiting for pictures :oops:

Lovin' the updates! Makes me wonder if Frankie has realised he has landed on his paws! :love:

(Frodo has started his packing - although he is wondering what factor sunscreen to take?:lol:)

Tuesday 6.00am.

Heard an almighty kerfuffle coming from the conservatory, so got out of bed to investigate. Well a black cat was sitting right outside staring at them. Poor things, no wonder they were frightened. Once I had opened the stable door from the kitchen into the conservatory, a frightened Frankie rushed past me and went and hid under one of the kitchen units.

He has only ventured out three times so far. Poor little chap!
I have put food and water there for him and he has just come back through into the conservatory. Very nervous.

Estelle has been happily running around the garden,seemingly without a care in the world.

Frankie is now braving the decking area and wanting to enjoy some sunshine.

I must go and buy some more batteries for the cat deterrant alarm thingy.
Hopefully that will discourage this happening again.

I feel so sorry for Frankie. He is having a tough time. He is still eating, drinking,peeing and pooing alright so he must be settled in one way. Bless him he only wants to be loved!!!:love::love: I love him,don't panic on that front.

Best potter off now and get some jobs done.

Just had a lovely cuddle with Frankie!!!:love::love: He tucked his little fwuffy head under my chin. Aaaaaaaaaaah. xxxxx:D:D

Last edited:
Tuesday 7.40pm.

Not a bad day today for Estelle and Frankie. Only a couple of spats when Frankie tries to venture down into the garden from the decking. Estelle seems to think the garden is HERS.

I have just been checking on them in the conservatory. Estelle is lying in a litter tray and Frankie sat nearby. Both have had lots of strokes and kisses.
Bless little Frankie, he put his head down, was very submissive and just lapped up every minute of the attention. Estelle just took it as norm.

After the fright they both had had early this morning, (see previous post), I have been and bought some batteries for the cat deterrant alarmy thing. All set up now.

This has been day 13................what a rollercoaster so far!!!! We are definitely making steady progress. :D:D

HURRAH, HURRAH!!!!! :D:D

Day 14...and we have acceptance of each others' prescence.
A BIG step for both of them.

Estelle seems to be calmer, and Frankie just can't believe his luck!!

Both in the garden..............so far no issues with who can go where, as in previous recent posts.

This feeling of relief, is perfect timing with a beautiful sunny day. Yippee.

HURRAH, HURRAH!!!!! :D:D

Day 14...and we have acceptance of each others' prescence.
A BIG step for both of them.

Estelle seems to be calmer, and Frankie just can't believe his luck!!

Both in the garden..............so far no issues with who can go where, as in previous recent posts.

This feeling of relief, is perfect timing with a beautiful sunny day. Yippee.

That's great! Hope they enjoy their time together in the sun today :love:

They are not in love..........yet!!!

Just the start of being friends. They are sussing each other out in a nice way.
Each been playing with some toys during the day.
Estelle has been soaking up the glorious sun.
Frankie is just rather overwhelmed by all the new things in the garden and the garden itself.

Oh sheer joy to see them eventually getting along. :D:D

Hopefully this friendship will develop into love. :love::love:
That would be wonderful for both of them......and me.

Day 15.

Another beautiful day here, in every way possible.

Estelle and Frankie have started to play together in the garden!!! :D

I think that Estelle is taking on the role of being Mother. She tends to keep a watchful eye on the little fella.

Frankie is up to all sorts of mischief. Exploring everywhere, chinning everything and just having a lovely time. At last!! He even followed me into the shed this morning, to help tidy it up. Ambrose always used to come and help me, so this for me is lovely. :D:D

No spats at all. Yureka I shout.

Hopefully this daily diary will close will a last update about them falling in love.:love::love::love:
That would be absolutely wonderful.

I will keep you posted.

Enjoy your day wherever you are. x

Day 16.

Frankie and Estelle are now friends. :D:D

Frankie is now investigating anything and everything. He is being rather mischievious !!!!!

They go charging upto each other, and just when you think things are going to perhaps kick off...................at the last minute they run right past each other.

Estelle has changed quite alot in recent days. She is more happy to be stroked, cuddled than ever before. She seems to be rather like a BIG sister to the little fella.

Alot of binkying around this morning.

On a sad note..........................

It is exactly one month since Ambrose passed away. It is still very raw for me.

There will never be another bunny quite like Ambrose. I will always miss him. xxxxxx

So sad but, at least Frankie now has a forever home.

Enjoy the warm sunshine at the bridge my wonderful Ambrose. :love::love:

Last edited:
So pleased to see this update. :love: Now you can relax a bit ... and maybe learn how to put photos on. ;)

Now the bunnies are friends, this should hopefully free up some time for me!!

All being well I will master how to put some photos on.

It has been a very stressful experience but, seeing them playing together today, definitely all worth while.

Thank you all for your help and support...................invaluable.

Back