• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friends at last....No, IT IS LOVE!!! 26.3.2011 6.50 PM

Definitely getting there :) It's lovely to have all these updates about them, almost feels like i'm there sometimes willing them on!

Definitely getting there :) It's lovely to have all these updates about them, almost feels like i'm there sometimes willing them on!

I am pleased that you like the updates.

I thought it might be useful for other people to read about the goings on, and the time scale involved.

Perhaps it may be of use to you when Oscar gets to meet Jessie.:love::love:

I think many people are willing them on.:D

Tomorrow my OH is in charge for the day whilst I am at Windwhistle.

It will be nice to have a break.

Saturday 2.50pm. I get the feeling that Estelle and Frankie are having a day off from trying. Both relaxing in the sunshine ....................not together though!!!

Last edited:
I am pleased that you like the updates.

I thought it might be useful for other people to read about the goings on, and the time scale involved.

Perhaps it may be of use to you when Oscar gets to meet Jessie.:love::love:

I think many people are willing them on.:D

Tomorrow my OH is in charge for the day whilst I am at Windwhistle.

It will be nice to have a break.

Saturday 2.50pm. I get the feeling that Estelle and Frankie are having a day off from trying. Both relaxing in the sunshine ....................not together though!!!

Yes, it's definitely giving me an idea of what to expect when it's Oscar and Jessie's turn! Hope you have fun at windwhistle today and have a nice break, it's good to hear they can relax in each others company :)

HELP................I just need some moral support. Having some silly negative thoughts.

Estelle and Frankie have virtually ignored each other all day. I know at least that is better than fighting, little spats etc.

Frankie has sat quietly in a corner, and also stretched out in the sunshine.

My dilemma is.........................

Have I done the right thing for both of them?

Will they ever fall in love? I know it is still early days........me being daft!!!

Estelle was so close to Ambrose, I wonder if she will ever be as close to any other bunny again? Who knows!

I hope that Frankie is happy here. I would hate to think that he is grossly unhappy. He is still eating, drinking, pooing, peeing okay. His posture says that he is relaxed enough.

I could not bear the idea of him never really settling down.

Now I know the answer to this one but, I still think it.
Should I not have had Frankie as first choice. Perhaps Estelle might have fallen in love sooner, easier with another little fella. Don't get me wrong, Frankie is so adorable.

Told you I was being daft.

Just that psychologically I want them to experience as much happiness as possible together.

I don't have any bonding experience, but if Frankie is eating, drinking, peeing and pooing that suggests he is happy enough. It may well be that their bond is never as close as what Estelle had with Ambrose, but that doesn't mean they aren't still much better off with each other than they were when alone.

I don't have any bonding experience, but if Frankie is eating, drinking, peeing and pooing that suggests he is happy enough. It may well be that their bond is never as close as what Estelle had with Ambrose, but that doesn't mean they aren't still much better off with each other than they were when alone.

Thank you. Just what I needed to hear.

It is re-assuring to hear somone else's opinion.

I think recent weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions. This has left me feeling rather tired, jaded and questioning myself.

Just a quick post.

There seems to be a certain feeling of relaxation with the bunnies. Frankie is starting to play with some toys, so he must be feeling happier!!! :D:D

Estelle is definitely less territorial and also has played with some of their toys.

I think they are almost friends now. Perhaps that is as much as it will be. Who knows.

My OH has instructions for the day, as I am off to Windwhistle to help out Alice.

I will keep you folks posted about the developing relationship. I hope this daily diary has perhaps helped shed some light on bonding bunnies and what to expect.

Enjoy your Sunday...............or whatever day it is, wherever you are.
Best go now.

Toodle pip.:D:D

Thank you for talking some sense into me!!

Thank you for caring.

x

I hope you have fun at windwhistle today :)

As Susie bun said, it definitely sounds like Frankie is happy, and you have made such a difference to his life by bringing him home.

Of course it's going to take a while for Estelle to take to Frankie, especially if she was as close to Ambrose as it sounds. The important thing is they have the company if they want it, and when they are ready. They aren't fighting or anything, and given time I think it will blossom into a loving relationship between the two.

For now, all you have to think is the amazing difference you have made for these two wonderful buns, putting their needs and welfare above all else.

Back home now.

We all have had a lovely day at Windwhistle. Plenty to keep us occupied, and beautiful weather which really made cleaning out hutches so much easier.

No bunnies smuggled out in our pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Honestly. Well who would we choose? They are all absolutely gorgeous.

We didn't have a picnic outside but, lovely sandwiches, sausage rolls, chocolate cake and coffee in the lounge.
Bob, Titus and Izzadora,(the dogs) all were on hand to eagerly devour any spare scraps of food.

Derek, (Alice's husband) was enjoying the beautiful spring weather and was already in his shorts!!! Cracking legs!!!!!!!!

I hope that everyone else enjoyed themselves, myself and Toadie definitely did.

Right back to Estelle and Frankie................
My OH didn't have anything negative to report!!!!!
No fur on the floor and a sense of calm at last.

Estelle has obviously been closely watching Frankie. She did the same with Ambrose, monkey see, monkey do. She gained so much confidence by copying him and thus learning what is okay, allowed to do. She has been doing the same with Frankie. Ambrose never was a great hay eater and so she never really was either unfortunately. Well....Frankie loves his hay and guess what........................Estelle has been happily chomping away!!!
Also another positive is coming out of this bond. Ambrose was not the easiest of bunnies to approach and pick up, nor was Estelle. I am sure this was due to their past circumstances. Anyway, Frankie is an approachable and pickupable bunny and guess what....................Estelle is also becoming happier to be approached and picked up!!!!

I am also sure that by having to spend so much time with them, stroking them, re-assuring them, Estelle has become much more confident around humans.

So all in all things are looking very rosy for the couple!!! :love:

Sounds like they are definitely making progress. :D If I am ever in a position to get a wife for Spenser I must be sure to advertise for a good eater, and preferably also a handlable lady.

Glad everything is OK with these two. Good to see you today. I could have easily popped those two baby rexes in my pockets :love:

Glad everything is OK with these two. Good to see you today. I could have easily popped those two baby rexes in my pockets :love:

It was a lovely day and good to meet you.

I know what you mean about those delightful baby rexes. :love::love:

Please thank you Mum for baking such a delicious chocolate cake.

Watch this space for the blossoming relationship/ romance.

Spring is in the air. :love:

Monday morning.9.25am.

Right, the conservatory door is open and the garden beckons!!!

Estelle and Frankie are enjoying the outside but, not together. Both running around and full of the joys of spring.

Their exuberance tends to overwhelm them sometimes and a spat occurs.
A little bit of the usual..................nipping, chasing.

As I have introduced them to new surroundings, there always seems to be an initial set to. Hopefully during the course of the day, things will improve.

Me, I am still a little stressed but, nowhere near as bad as a week ago.

This is day 12 in the relationship.

Slowly, slowly me thinks.

Goodness, they are bouncing about at this time in the morning? Spenser is taking his morning doze, and even if I offered him a strawberry leaf he would probably eat it without waking up.

Back