• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French Lops

Denny said:
I think Blueberry is a frenchie :D she's quite a big girl but still young :wink:

Yep Blueberry is a french lop :lol: she is nearly 9 months old.

I have the pws panels on rabbit rehome which make a nice big enclosure when she need's to be "in"
Although I am looking at getting a dog cage 48"L x 29"W x 34"H (largest size I have seen on ebay)as this will be more secure as I have found a roof is a must :roll: I will then use the pws panels as a outdoor run.

This is what she is in now, I've taken the ferplast cage out so there is more room and I vary the toys/boxes she has, and there is a dog basket in there. I will have to get an updated pic for size - she is bigger now than in this pic.
home2.jpg

She shares this space with Brian, but he is a lot smaller than her.

Denny said:
I think Blueberry is a frenchie :D she's quite a big girl but still young :wink:

Yep Blueberry is a french lop :lol: she is nearly 9 months old.

I have the pws panels on rabbit rehome which make a nice big enclosure when she need's to be "in"
Although I am looking at getting a dog cage 48"L x 29"W x 34"H (largest size I have seen on ebay)as this will be more secure as I have found a roof is a must :roll: I will then use the pws panels as a outdoor run.

This is what she is in now, I've taken the ferplast cage out so there is more room and I vary the toys/boxes she has, and there is a dog basket in there. I will have to get an updated pic for size - she is bigger now than in this pic.
home2.jpg

She shares this space with Brian, but he is a lot smaller than her.

WOW, I am in :love: with Tracy's Merlin :love: what a bundle of Mischief he looks :lol: :lol: He looks soooo naughty :lol: :lol:

Is Merlin's other half a frenchie Tracy :?: He looks a big, what does he weigh :?:

Merlin.JPG

i used to have a frenchie by the name of daisy (She was a female!!) great huge bun she was but really gentle she once made a nest in her hutch and put a slug into it and wouldn't let me take it out!!! she was so sweet i really miss her :cry:

rngpwelfare said:
Here's my boy. Merlin is a blue 7 year old frenchie.

Merlin.JPG

He lives in here with his feisty wife shadie.

:lol: :lol: :lol: definately feisty :lol: :lol: if looks could kill :lol: :lol:
she is beautiful though :D still a biggy :D

Shadie2.JPG

Is 7 years a good age for a french lop Tracy :?: I thought that the bigger buns did'nt have a longer life span compared to some of the medium/smaller buns, or am I talking rubbish :?:

No your right bigger buns don't seem to live as long as smaller ones.
He is slowing down but other than his on going eye problem seems to be doing well.

rngpwelfare said:
Thanks for that Denny, He is a very gentle giant and is used to going to schools etc if we do any fundraising and need a calm bunny with us.
His wife is a large lop but not a frenchie she was rescued from a pts at my vets.
Heres Shadie

http://www.rngp.org/news/photo album/Shadie2.JPG

Just out of interest, what sort of fundraising do you do :?: I think I read some where that Kathy did boot sales, I would be interested to hear if any rescues ever need stuff like unwanted xmas pressy's etc, for fundraising.

Do you get many bunnies that you have rescued from pts situations from the vet? I was wondering if it was worth going on Tamsin's survey?, Although that would be an interesting question to ask vetenary surgeries. I wonder how many vets actually carry out such requests :(

We've had pts bunnies referred to us from vets, Snowball was one. Our vet's own two buns were to be pts too but she couldn't.

bunnyhuggger said:
We've had pts bunnies referred to us from vets, Snowball was one. Our vet's own two buns were to be pts too but she couldn't.

Do you think that vets would admit or even log how many requests they get to pts cases Lynda :?:

I was wondering, with Tamsin's rescue survey, whether a vet survey on this issue would produce better evidence to try and stop the sales of livestock in petshops :?:

Denny said:
bunnyhuggger said:

Do you think that vets would admit or even log how many requests they get to pts cases Lynda :?:

Don't know, I think it would depend on the vet, some of them might not like to admit.

It must be like murder is to a doctor!

Putting down a perfectly healthy animal must be pretty hard for a vet to do when in the same day they may have had to persuade someone that no matter how much care and medication they lavished on their faithful companion the best thing would be to have them pts because their illness was so debilitating and watching the anguish and despair that person had to go through must really twinge in their heart when they think of the little one out back waiting to die because someone got "bored"!

Caz

My uncles are vets and one day while i was helping out about 5ish years ago a mad MAD woman brought in two collies. These were perfectly healthy but collies shouldnt belong to people who wont exersise them and as a result they were not good with kids apparently-understandable. One of the dogs bit the grandchild and so she want my uncle to put them both to sleep. Completely mad this woman was, she wanted both put to sleep and one hadnt bitten anybody. He told he could rehome for her and days later she dumped the dogs in the vets surgery-she was MAD!
so they got a new home in the country where collies are supposed to be with lots of walks and stuff. All my families dogs, cats and stuff come from him when he wont put them down.

Sad story Emilou :( glad they found a new home :D

Do your uncles log these sort of cases Emilou, the people who just want their healthy animals pts :?: or is it a very rare occurance :?:

Back