• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freecycle bunny - Update - sad news

rngpwelfare said:
What's her genital area like it's possible that it could be syphilis. I had one come in years ago with all of his face crusted from his eyes down.

Treated him with penicillion(sp) and it cleared with in 10 days :) might be worth a shot.

Good luck with her, I hope the vet can help her tomorrow.

As i can see theres nothing wrong with her genital area but i will get the vet to check :)
Its her breathing im worried about..shes now mouth breathing :cry:

Hey all. Unfortunately the lil bunny had t be pts her breathing was worse this morning and she wasnt moving much.As soon as marion saw her she said tha it was for the best. :cry: :cry:

So sorry Emma :(
At least little Bun is pain free now. Did she have a name as it would be nice to call her something.

Binky Free little one. You will never be poorly again

Janex

At least she knew someone who loved her and cared enough to set her free :cry:

Binky free sweetheart

Awwww thats horrible. At least it was a comfortable end.

Can you not report the owners to RSPCA for not getting an animal treatment by a vet? Especially now you have notes from the vets for her reasons for having cinnamon pts?

Just wondering

Oh that is really sad :cry: :cry: :cry:

Poor little bun, but well done for getting her and ending her misery :cry: :cry:

The owners said she saw a vet and had antibiotics but they didnt work..however Marion says the pasturella had been going on for agggggggggggges as her nose was so crusted and she had lost the fur on one side of her face :( which means owners didnt take rabbit back to vets.I really dont wantt o get involved with the rspca anymore as im already involved in one ruelty case at the moment involving a breeder.

bilbo said:
The owners said she saw a vet and had antibiotics but they didnt work..however Marion says the pasturella had been going on for agggggggggggges as her nose was so crusted and she had lost the fur on one side of her face :( which means owners didnt take rabbit back to vets.I really dont wantt o get involved with the rspca anymore as im already involved in one ruelty case at the moment involving a breeder.

That's fair enough hun. I was just wondering. I know those things can be heart renching and tiresome.

Well done anyway hun :)

Well done Bilbo for taking this poor little mite in & giving her care & attention that she desperately needed. I'm so sorry that she had to be pts but you deserve a massive pat on the back for helping her & making her final hours as comfortable as you could. Run free little one x

Back