• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie, the giant pain in my .....

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't bored you with cat photos in a while so here I am. Freddie was 4 last September & still changing so much. Getting hairier by the year!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
c6387a7c461517fafdb1190a9c00d2d8.jpg

I'm never bored of Freddie photos, he is such a handsome boy, and that is some ruff he has, very regal :lol:

Thank you all. His mane gets more impressive every year but we only notice when look back at old photos.

He loves his dad & they have a snuggle on the sofa most afternoons. He loves me too I think (talking about Freddie specifically here, not the OH.... the latter tolerates me lol) but I always have the dog next to me, trumping away.

BYB, I don't notice the shedding tbh. Well, not until I run my pet hair remover tool over stuff and realise it's thick with cat fur. But it's not like I'm walking around breathing in fur, or finding it in my sandwiches, it just seems to collect on certain surfaces

You can't smell them. It couldn't possibly be any worse lol....

Magnificent! :love:
My Griffyn cat would leave a "web" of fur behind wherever he slept. Couldn't figure out how it wove itself onto fabric. Squeegee is like that too...but he's just a short haired tabby. I wonder if it's a male cat thing. My girls never shedded like this. :?

Up early with more back pain so these lovely photos are excellent smile therapy. Keep 'em coming, I say! :thumb: xxxx

Oh that's not good, MimzMum, sorry to hear that.

Will a photo of Oliver help? He thinks the placemats are cat bottom warmers & scratching pads. And I caught him licking my bread one day. But the dining table is a few weeks old now & he hasn't chewed the corners of this one yet, so that's a win!
0064d0a765d8c81f2620fc7dc3e6d8b0.jpg

Oh that's not good, MimzMum, sorry to hear that.

Will a photo of Oliver help? He thinks the placemats are cat bottom warmers & scratching pads. And I caught him licking my bread one day. But the dining table is a few weeks old now & he hasn't chewed the corners of this one yet, so that's a win!
0064d0a765d8c81f2620fc7dc3e6d8b0.jpg

Oh that's funny :lol: on the rare occasions my sister visits me, she perches on the edge of the sofa, and never ever has a drink. Mind you can't say I blame her, George has some unsavoury habits :lol::lol:

Oh that's funny :lol: on the rare occasions my sister visits me, she perches on the edge of the sofa, and never ever has a drink. Mind you can't say I blame her, George has some unsavoury habits :lol::lol:

We don't have many visitors; I can't think why! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh my, that is too funny about the placemats. I have to admit I'd be a bit :shock: if he sat on one after visiting the litterbox. :mrgreen:

Griffyn loved bread. You couldn't leave a fresh loaf or even a bag of bagels on the countertop because he'd munch right through the plastic to get at them. :roll:

I can't imagine Oliver chewing up anything to be naughty...he looks like an angel. You're telling porkies about him! :lol:

You could make a coffee table book of photos of these two lovely boys. :love: I'd buy one! :thumb:

Thank you for the photos. :) I've had to call out of work again for today and tomorrow so I'm doing my best to just rest. It gets kinda boring just lying about though. :? Thanks for your kind words. :) xxxxx

Never mind a book, I could make a whole library out of all the cat photos on my phone.

I try to make sure I put the bread away because I'm sure mine would have a field day with it too. I learnt the hard way once never to roll out some pastry and turn my back on it.... I came back to find it covered in footprints. Ooopsie.

Honestly though, Oliver chews everything and anything. All the cat beds and shelves have chewed corners too.

Sorry to hear your back's so bad. I hope you manage to get some rest though as it must be difficult to find a comfortable position too.

Thank you, Karen. By the time I see my GP next week I hope to still be independently upright. :lol:

See, Squeegee does that...chews everything. He was a wire chewer when he first arrived which scared the heck out of me. Now it's anything cardboard or even brown paper bags. Nibble, nibble...he can't help himself. I guess it comes from having been feral, he used to live in a huge crop of brambles across the street. I suppose he'd have to chew some here and there to create a space for himself. I worry that it might be his teeth though so I hope to get him seen eventually.

He's just mischief in a cat suit, really. :roll:

[emoji38] You'll be asleep now, I expect/hope but fingers crossed you're feeling a little more flexible by morning.

Cats are funny things. We assumed he was teething at first with all the chewing but it just never stopped. My daughter (vet nurse) checks his teeth regularly anyway, just in case, and he has 6 monthly vet checks but he just loves chewing! We get him silver vine sticks which he goes crazy for. Sometimes I hold the stick while he chews & you can feel him seriously chomping.

Thank you again. :) I've been mostly abed all day and now it's 1 a.m. here I'm wide awake. :shock: I'm hoping my GP orders some xrays or something because this can't just be a pinched nerve. Thank God Jenna's been sleeping most of the day I couldn't stand to be up walking her.

What's silver vine? Is it something I can get in the US? Maybe Squeegee would enjoy it.

He does have a bit of a tartar problem so I know he needs a cleaning. He only gets soft food because I have a mortal fear of urinary obstruction in male cats. I also hope he never has resorption because that's how I almost lost Griff one year. I had to nurse him back to health for 8 weeks because that dental was so traumatic and he never had another. Their teeth can be very problematic. :(

Cats...who'd have 'em? :lol:

Oh no. Are you asleep yet lol?

Silver vine is a plant & the sticks are the stem. They're just actual wooden sticks. I searched quickly and a couple of sites said they're not so well known in the US but try searching silver vine or matabi sticks.

A friend's male cat has frequent urinary problems & it's something I dread too. Ours are raw fed, and they're both pretty good drinkers too, but it doesn't stop me worrying!
2c789657a8eb4b813f3082ed19ddfb21.jpg

Back