• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fred U/D 30th Jan- Good Response to Steroid Injection.........

Christabel agrees that Fred may well have a Lymphoma :cry:
She tried to get a blood sample from him but could not get a good vein. We did not want to anaethetise Fred again and it was not fare on him to keep trying to get a blood sample.
We discussed all the options and agreed that as we are now at the 'nothing to loose' stage we'd try a shot of steroid. Christabel will seldom use a steroid on Rabbits due to the adverse side-effects they can have. But with Fred it was try a steroid or PTS.
I cant PTS as although he is clearly ill he is not in pain and we dont know for certain that it is cancer. If the steroid is going to help we should see some improvement quite quickly. It is a short acting steroid so will be out of his system by Friday. We will then review the situation and if Fred's condition remains the same I will have to let him go

:cry:

Janex

Sorry to hear this Jane, :cry: I do hope the steroid works for Fred.
Lots of vibes for Fred and hugs for you x x

At least there's a glimmer of hope for him, so fingers crossed and Massive <<<VIBES>>> on their way for him. Thinking of you.:)

Sending lots of vibes for an improvement with Fred.

Hugs to you Jane, I know how stressful it is to be in a 'nothing to lose' situation.

Vanessa xx

Fred appears much better 'within himself'
He is eating for the first time since last Friday and he no longer has that 'anxious, haunted' look.
Christabel says the response to the steroid does not necessarily mean Fred does not have a cancer, it may just be that the inflammation the cancer cells are causing has been reduced so Fred 'feel better'
It looks as though it will be a case of 'wait and see' now..............

Janex

Back