• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fred U/D 30th Jan- Good Response to Steroid Injection.........

Lots of (((vibes))) for Fred. Its strange how some of them know your trying to help and others just refuse everything.

Hi Jane,

I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you both and hoping with all my heart that Fred will be o.k. It is sad that he doesn't understand you are trying to help. As I have had Harv since he was a babe he sits in his hayrack in his indoor cage (which he uses as a litter tray) when I have to syringe feed him, which makes things so much easier as you have both hands free and you don't have to restrain them. This pic was taken when he was a babe. He sits facing the other direction when he has to be fed.

IMAG0086.jpg

Sending lots of get well vibes to Fred and Dermot.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Me and Christabel now think that there is something nasty going on in Fred's guts which has caused the enlarged lymph node.
We feel that keeping going with abx, 2 different pain killers, Ranitidine and Metoclop' for another 48 hours is possible but I am not to 'force' syringe feeds. If he will take some great, if not then I am to leave him be.
We would not consider opening him up and he his most definately not a candidate for being subjected to endless 'tests'.
All we can do for him is keep him as pain free as possible, keep him warm and let his Mum Freya comfort him.
Its up to Fred now

:cry:

Janex

Sending lots of get well vibes to Fred. I suppose all you can do is offer him lots of yummy foods and hope that he will nibble on some of it. Soaked porridge oats, sliced spring greens are a fave for my poorly bunsters, carrot shavings, parsley, kale.

I hope that Fred picks up soon. Sending Fred a big cuddle.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Fred will be seeing Christabel tomorrow morning. Bless her she has just phoned to ask how he is doing. I am as sure as I can be that Fred has something very sinister going on in his guts. He has nibbled at bits of hay/grass today but that is all. He is less stressed as I am not attempting to syringe feed him. If Christabel agrees I think I may have to let Fred go. I dont want to loose him but as things are at the moment he does not have a good quality of life.

I could subject him to blood tests, Xrays etc.....etc... but he really is not a Rabbit that copes with even the slightest amount of stress. I hope this does not sound as though I am giving up on him. I am just trying to do what is best for Fred

I feel like :censored:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Janex

Jane, we all know that you only ever do what is best for your bunnies.

I'll be praying for Fred to make a big improvement overnight xxx

Jane, I am so sorry Fred has not improved. When I too say my prayers tonight there will be a special one for Fred in the hope that he will improve.

We all know that you do the best by all your bunnies and would not make any decisions unless you thought it absolutely necessary.

Come on Fred, we need you to get better.

Fred is much the same this morning. We will be seeing Christabel at 1015hrs
I dont know if we will be bringing Fred home. His Mummy Freya will be with him

Here they are befor Fred became ill

Picture1322.jpg

:cry:

Janex

Back