• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frankie, Benny and Willow: u/d 166

:censored:.. Flaming nightmare....

Frankie has been humping and chasing Willow, Benny has a go too, the pair of them wont let Willow near them , unless they're eating pellets which I have scattered... Willow is currently by herself in the shed, the boys are snuggled up on a box together.. Its absolutely frozen out there so I have put more hay in and hopefully Wllow will be able to burrow. I have 2 snugglesafes ready also....

I am getting totally scunnered now... I know Ali had them and they behaved impeccably but theres obviously something either in my set up or noises that are spooking them...

I am peed off now, seriously fed up and just feel so sorry for the three of them.. twos company, threes a crowd out there just now... I havent got the experience or the patience for this at the mo.. know I'll get berated for that but sadl I just dont...

Fee x

I've just seen the latest, and am sorry they are still not the happy trio you desperately want.

I can understand your frustration, but you've really done all the right things to make this work. I don't have experience to advise where to go from here, but I wish you and all three buns well - you all deserve this to work out well. :thumb:

Thanks ...

I have been out there to put the snugglesafes and pile up more hay.... The two bous were together and Willow was sitting alongside but not touching them , perhaps about 5 inches away... Its freezing outside and their water has frozen in a matter of hours.... I only hope they can put all differences aside for tonight and support each other in the cold... Willow is small and skinny and really does need to share their furry warmth....

I have tried to make sure the hay boxes are filled so that she has the option to burrow too....

Oh, i dont know... i seems emotions in there are literally up and down and each one is as nervous as the other, as soon as one moves, they all bolt,,,,,

Fingers crossed...
Fee x

How big is the shed? I think sectioning it off is a good idea. What size space did they have with Ali? Maybe it's just too much space too soon for them.

The shed is 7x5..... they cant use about 2 feet at this end because of crates of hay!!! Though I would do this to close it off

Ali did say that run panels may be used to shut down the space.

How long should this enforced confinement take though Helen, they've already been in a small soace now for 2 weeks?

I know how you feel, i had such a hard time with mine too. They wont necessarily all huddle together, mine don't! They'll sit separate usually. Occasionally I see two sit together but one is always left out. (The downfall to a trio). Sooty and mittens barely tolerate each other (so I thought) but when I peeped through the crack of the door the other day there they were all snuggled up grooming :roll:. I never see this when I'm not spying on them.
Stick with it hopefully they will settle. Willow will be ok I'm sure.

Kaths.. Thanks for the encouragement.. I am rapidly losing heart, we are lurching from success to failure, then back to success then failure, ...

just want them all to get on!!!!

Kaths.. Thanks for the encouragement.. I am rapidly losing heart, we are lurching from success to failure, then back to success then failure, ...

just want them all to get on!!!!

Hi!!

I am sad you are getting so fed up. Try and remember that they are actually behaving like buns, not people. You want them to sit and snuggle but it isn't necessarily what they want or need. They are in a dry shed out of the wind, the cold won't bother them greatly. Also, you are changing the environment every time you go near them. If you can quietly look in a window rather than go into the shed you may see a different picture.

There is no aggression among the three of them and although it looks like Willow is being shunned, it may be her who is choosing to be on her own! They work as a trio, I just wonder if you are being very sensitive to their behaviour and putting human feelings on it. I don't mean this in a bad way but they are all ok, no one is being bullied. I can happily bring over run panels to section them off if you want to give it a go.

Bunny groups are rarely sitting snuggled together, they are dynamic and constantly moving with squabbles, snuggles, eating, grooming, chasing, sleeping and exploring all mixed in. I know we all post pictures of beatifully cuddled up buns but they give the wrong impression about life in a bunny group. My lot were chasing around the garden today at top speed. Floppy was trying to hump Raisin, Milly was trying to hump Floppy and then Raisin took his frustration out on poor Rum who basically sat resigned to letting him get on with it!!!

How about a coffee trip tomorrow evening to have a blether?

aww Ali... You always explain things in such a sensible way.. I daresay you are right...:D

I suppose this is where my inexperience and panic are taking over... maybe I am just not cut out for this... or maybe I am just as you say too sensitive...

the problem is I have to go in to put in their water as it freezes. I have tried to go out only 3 times.
morning, evening and bedtime... I dont go in all the time.. I stare in at them, like a right saddo, tonight i nearly froze to death because I stupidly had a pair of shorts and my bunny jacket on.. God only knows what the neighbours thought....

I am just desperate for things to work out but as you say perhaps I am not thinking logically with bunny psychology..

I would love a bunny blether.. txt you tomorrow if nothing changes

Cheers
fee x

aww Ali... You always explain things in such a sensible way.. I daresay you are right...:D

I suppose this is where my inexperience and panic are taking over... maybe I am just not cut out for this... or maybe I am just as you say too sensitive...

the problem is I have to go in to put in their water as it freezes. I have tried to go out only 3 times.
morning, evening and bedtime... I dont go in all the time.. I stare in at them, like a right saddo, tonight i nearly froze to death because I stupidly had a pair of shorts and my bunny jacket on.. God only knows what the neighbours thought....

I am just desperate for things to work out but as you say perhaps I am not thinking logically with bunny psychology..

I would love a bunny blether.. txt you tomorrow if nothing changes

Cheers
fee x

I just know how chilled they were all week. Whether together or apart their noses were calmly twitching.

Deep breaths and stay calm. Keep scattering the pellets, even if it means some extra for the next few weeks, they will be fine!!

Dont be daft, no offence taken... you are a teacher after all!!!, your tone is evident ... she who must be obeyed...:lol:

Best of luck with the rebonding problems.

Don't worry about what you wear, I have a communal garden and well. :oops:

Just as well it was dark.... I must looked a proper idiot, shorts, turkey legs, all goose pimply,, old shoes and a torch!! Oo-er a mad stalker!!,:lol:

Just as well it was dark.... I must looked a proper idiot, shorts, turkey legs, all goose pimply,, old shoes and a torch!! Oo-er a mad stalker!!,:lol:

I wear platform glitter flip flops. :lol: and OH's boxer shorts and one of his big old baggy jumpers. :oops: Hair always a mess. :lol:

Hi!!

I am sad you are getting so fed up. Try and remember that they are actually behaving like buns, not people. You want them to sit and snuggle but it isn't necessarily what they want or need. They are in a dry shed out of the wind, the cold won't bother them greatly. Also, you are changing the environment every time you go near them. If you can quietly look in a window rather than go into the shed you may see a different picture.

There is no aggression among the three of them and although it looks like Willow is being shunned, it may be her who is choosing to be on her own! They work as a trio, I just wonder if you are being very sensitive to their behaviour and putting human feelings on it. I don't mean this in a bad way but they are all ok, no one is being bullied. I can happily bring over run panels to section them off if you want to give it a go.

Bunny groups are rarely sitting snuggled together, they are dynamic and constantly moving with squabbles, snuggles, eating, grooming, chasing, sleeping and exploring all mixed in. I know we all post pictures of beatifully cuddled up buns but they give the wrong impression about life in a bunny group. My lot were chasing around the garden today at top speed. Floppy was trying to hump Raisin, Milly was trying to hump Floppy and then Raisin took his frustration out on poor Rum who basically sat resigned to letting him get on with it!!!

How about a coffee trip tomorrow evening to have a blether?

My three are like this too, they'll snuggle up daily but as I speak Layla is hiding behind the oak sideboard in the Living room, Alvin is sleeping at the back door and Ruby is in the Ferplast nomming hay. Ruby will find Alvin later and lie beside him probably and Layla will be herself that would be normal for them. They're only really together at feeding times or if we take them up on the couch together. Its only occasionally through the day I'd find them snuggled up. I dont know if I would even see it if they were outside.

One of them is often giving another a hump and sometime a bit of fur pulling but nothing that concerns me, just them reminding each other who is the boss of who. I hope that reassures you. xx

Hee hee!! Thanks ... That hAs helped..

Came home tonight .. Couldnt believe my eyes . All bunnies in the run. They have obviously been faffing about and the clip holding the inside ramp loosened.. Its fallen down giving buns access to outside ramp . All happy and settled...it would appear.

All bunnies have been 'chinning' the run and running around. No malicious chasing ... will keep a close eye as this is how Frankie and Benny had problems the last time...

Fingers crossed
Fee xx

Back