• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a rabbit

JoLB

Warren Scout
Hi everyone,

I can't seem to post in rabbits in need, so hope in here is ok.

My husband's friend found a rabbit on the 17th hole of Elstree golf club today. From his description it's a ginger and white lop eared. No pictures I'm afraid - he can't take them on his phone.

I just thought I would post here in case anyone knows of somebody that has lost a rabbit (long shot but worth a try!).

The RSPCA said they will collect the rabbit, give it 48 hours, then PTS if noone claims it.

Someone that works at the golf club has said he will give it a home if no-one comes forward, but we all want to try and find it's owner first.

Thanks!
xx

Can you keep him/her short term?

You could make posters and distribute them, make sure you dont include a detailed description though, as some people just want a free pet unfortunately. You could just say 'rabbit found [here]... call .... ' and then when they ring up you can ask for a description to prove it is really theirs.

Where abouts are you? You may have rescues locally.

I know, it is harsh!

The man that works at the golf course has said he will give it a home, so the rabbit will have a home if it's owner isn't found.

Hubby says it's tame, he was giving it a cuddle earlier! He thinks it was a house rabbit because it was moulting (he is basing that on the fact that our when ours were house rabbits they moulted loads!).

I will let him know about putting posters up!

I know, it is harsh!

The man that works at the golf course has said he will give it a home, so the rabbit will have a home if it's owner isn't found.

Hubby says it's tame, he was giving it a cuddle earlier! He thinks it was a house rabbit because it was moulting (he is basing that on the fact that our when ours were house rabbits they moulted loads!).

I will let him know about putting posters up!

If you put posters up, don't include the bunny's picture. Let the person who claims to be the owner, describe her to you. There are lots of weirdos out there.:(

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to post in rabbits in need, so hope in here is ok.

My husband's friend found a rabbit on the 17th hole of Elstree golf club today. From his description it's a ginger and white lop eared. No pictures I'm afraid - he can't take them on his phone.

I just thought I would post here in case anyone knows of somebody that has lost a rabbit (long shot but worth a try!).

The RSPCA said they will collect the rabbit, give it 48 hours, then PTS if noone claims it.

Someone that works at the golf club has said he will give it a home if no-one comes forward, but we all want to try and find it's owner first.

Thanks!
xx

Where are you based? You can add the bunny to the RSPCA national lost/found database. It might be worth getting him to the vet to be scanned for a chip aswell. Poor little love xx

Back