• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foraging book now on RWAF website Shop

I bought a copy at the conference. It's absolutely brilliant, really clear descriptions of each of the plants and a photo or two. The photos are quite small but they're usually enough to enable you to recognise the plant, or if not, they're definitely enough for you to take it to google to cross reference with other photos if there's something you're unsure about.

Definitely a winner and I would certainly campaign for 'gardening for rabbits' to be added to the list.

Can I also take this opportunity to say what a fantastic talk on housing Twigs gave at the conference. A really daunting topic for that audience, but she really challenged us to think about housing from the bunny's point of view and to think beyond the size of the area and more towards what to do with it to make it best for bunnies and us. It definitely gave me food for thought.

Thank you for comments and especially about housing talk. It was daunting because of the audience but I felt strongly about it so went with it.

Just ordered my copy. I'm lucky as there's plenty to forage round here and I recognise quite a few plants now. It's always great to learn about new ones though so can't wait. :D

Each one has an photo, smallish but we had to keep the book to a certain number of pages to keep price down, then common names, Latin name, a lay mans description, comments on drying etc if relevant, and a rabbit tested nominnes. rating.

Sounds good. I'll ask Ludo if he wants a copy! ;)

Well, mine arrived today and I got to the post before there were any teeth marks in it..... :lol:

It's absolutely brilliant and the format is great.

It's given me some good ideas already and I'm off out this afternoon again. Thanks Parsnipbun. Can't wait for Hector's Gardening book!! :wave:

Last edited:
Mine came today! Can't wait to have a proper read through later, looks brilliant :D Need to email them though as I also ordered a 'a hutch is not enough' wrist band but I have only received the book :(

Got mine :thumb: looks great :love: looking forwards to having some time to use it :roll:

Mine came today! Can't wait to have a proper read through later, looks brilliant :D Need to email them though as I also ordered a 'a hutch is not enough' wrist band but I have only received the book :(

oh dear . . I am sure rae will sort it out 0 they are inundated at present apparently with post conference stuff and orders off the back of that.

This happened to me when I joined a few years ago, ordered a few books, wristbands and other stuff and never received any of it. They were most unhelpful too, wouldn't give me a refund...hence why I'm now not a member :(

I had a copy delivered to work today.
One of my colleagues imagined I was after instructions for foraging for rabbits, rather than on behalf of them. :lol:

It looks brilliant. Since my current plant ID skills are limited to brambles and dandelions, I can't wait to learn something new from this.

I am so impressed - mine arrived yesterday - I only ordered it on Tuesday

Looks brilliant and has already given me some new ideas - Arthur and Elsie will be very pleased :D

My 4p copy of 'Wild Flowers of Britain' arrived today from amazon marketplace :D That's definitely an excellent recommendation as an accompaniment, it obviously doesn't tell me which are safe or not for bunnies, but it is an A4 book full of colour photos so it's really helpful to further aid identification.

Thank you for comments and especially about housing talk. It was daunting because of the audience but I felt strongly about it so went with it.
Just checked out the link, it says you are Dr Twigs? A doctor of bunnies perhaps (yay!)? Or human medical or PhD? :)

Just ordered one - very excited as it would also be useful for me to treat the llamas, the chinchillas and the goats as well as the rabbits! :lol:

This happened to me when I joined a few years ago, ordered a few books, wristbands and other stuff and never received any of it. They were most unhelpful too, wouldn't give me a refund...hence why I'm now not a member :(

Very sorry to read this, Gem. That certainly isn't the sort of service we would want to provide. Would you like to email us? hq@rabbitwelfare.co.uk That is my email address just so you know who you'll be talking to

Back