• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those who like bunnies and mobile games

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
I normally don't really play games on my phone or my Chromebook as I prefer my Nintendo Switch, but I'm making an exception for this adorable game I found today. It's called Usagi Shima (Bunny Island, according to my friend), and you have an island that you can decorate with things like furniture and beds and toys and trees and little buildings and other stuff, and this will attract bunnies to your island, who will then hang out and once in a while ask to be petted or brushed or fed or photographed, and you can play hide and seek with them, too, and if you do those things they will come to like you more and you will earn carrots, and with the carrots you can buy more decorations and bunny things, which will bring more bunnies to your island! The art style is super cute as well. This is the trailer:

(If the embedded video doesn't work for anyone, this is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVAjEw0Qd5c)

It's free on iOS and Android, though if you want to you can spend real money to buy extra carrots to support the person who made the game.

There's a bunny on my island who is just reading a book by a campfire, so that one's my favourite, obviously. :lol:

Cute :love: Looks similar to a game I played years ago, but with cats, it was adorable! I saw someone playing this on my twitter a couple days ago too so I think the signs are telling me to get it :lol:

Ooo! I'll try it! :) Between this, Pokémon Go, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Peridot, and Pikmin Bloom I'll blow up my phone in no time! :lol:

I remember the cat game, it's on my tablet...can't remember the name for the life of me though. It was huge a few years ago.

Cute :love: Looks similar to a game I played years ago, but with cats, it was adorable! I saw someone playing this on my twitter a couple days ago too so I think the signs are telling me to get it :lol:
Yes, listen to the signs! The universe clearly wants you to play it! :lol: A game like this but with cats sounds really cute, too! :love:

Ooo! I'll try it! :) Between this, Pokémon Go, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Peridot, and Pikmin Bloom I'll blow up my phone in no time! :lol:

I remember the cat game, it's on my tablet...can't remember the name for the life of me though. It was huge a few years ago.
Oh, no, I hope your phone will be okay! :lol: I looked up Peridot as I hadn't heard of it, and it looks adorable! :love:

I've been playing the game more and I like that you can give these bunnies cute beds and they don't pee in them or destroy them. :lol:

Neko Atsume, I believe :)

Yes, that's the one. It's on my Kindle but I had a hard time keeping it going. No doubt all my cats have long since left or eaten each other by now. :(

Omg, a reader of books, I can't tell you how much fun this has been. With all the stress in my life lately I've actually smiled and laughed out loud playing this game. The designer deserves major props, it's excellent! Although now I have almost all the bunnies and my island is crowded with stuff, it's also getting to be very much like owning real bunnies...they're all very demanding! :lol:

Yes, that's the one. It's on my Kindle but I had a hard time keeping it going. No doubt all my cats have long since left or eaten each other by now. :(

Omg, a reader of books, I can't tell you how much fun this has been. With all the stress in my life lately I've actually smiled and laughed out loud playing this game. The designer deserves major props, it's excellent! Although now I have almost all the bunnies and my island is crowded with stuff, it's also getting to be very much like owning real bunnies...they're all very demanding! :lol:
I know exactly what you mean! :lol: My island is full of bunnies and stuff now (there's only one bunny I haven't seen yet), and they're definitely as demanding as real bunnies. :lol: I'm so glad to hear you've been having fun with it, though! It's been making me smile and laugh, too. It's so, so adorable, and I agree that the designer did an excellent job!

Did you get the piano gift from one of your bunnies yet? It plays "The Entertainer"! :shock:

Gotta admit I could do without the boom box but the bunnies seem to groove with it. :lol:

Still missing 3 bunnies and I've played everyday since downloading it. It really brings back memories and has actually made me a wee bit bunny broody.

I simply don't know how I want to decorate or can find room to with all the cool stuff. I think the island size needs an upgrade. :?

Did you get the piano gift from one of your bunnies yet? It plays "The Entertainer"! :shock:

Gotta admit I could do without the boom box but the bunnies seem to groove with it. :lol:

Still missing 3 bunnies and I've played everyday since downloading it. It really brings back memories and has actually made me a wee bit bunny broody.

I simply don't know how I want to decorate or can find room to with all the cool stuff. I think the island size needs an upgrade. :?
I did! I didn't recognise the song, though; I've never heard of "The Entertainer"!

I haven't seen any of mine interacting with the boom box yet, but I'm looking forward to it. :lol: I'm personally very much not a fan of the tambourine sound. Too bad there's almost constantly somebunny playing it. :lol:

Aww, your digital bunnies are making you remember your real bunnies... I think some bunnies only appear when you have a certain building or something? Because I have everything except the sushi place (I just think it's too weird to have a sushi place for bunnies!) and the shrine (haven't found space for it yet), and I haven't seen a new bunny in days. I agree that the island could be bigger! It's a pretty tight fit with everything on such a small piece of land!

Ahh, you're probably missing Ebi, then. A little white bunny with a sushi backpack strapped to it's back.

I think you need to tap the boom box to make it play.

Hm, I actually have Ebi, so maybe my theory was wrong... I did get my last bunny today, though! They're cute, and I think j&b would like this one.

Oh, you're right! I clicked on it and it started playing music!

Do you have a favourite bunny? Mine is Yuki because I think their leafy ears are really cute, haha.

Yuki is adorable :love: basically she's a snow bunny. But picking a favorite is hard because they're all designed very cleverly.

I have a special fondness for Taro because he looks like my bridge bun, Mimzy. I gave him the pancakes hat. :lol:
Yuzu is cute too. Moose is interesting, he's like a jackalope I guess. And Celeste with her blue eyes...yeah, it's hard to choose! :lol:

Aww, the pancakes hat. :lol: I get your having a special fondness for Taro because he looks like Mimzy. I have a soft spot for Mofu because he looks like my bridge bunny Bugs. Well, without the glasses. :lol: Yuzu is very cute, I agree, and I really like Moose's design. And I really like Celeste as well! I think Poppy is really adorable, too. And Kinoko with the mushroom hat... I understand why you're having difficulty choosing. :lol:

Along with extreme difficulty keeping them all fed and happy without being on the game for hours...which is really no hardship. ;)

Oh my gosh the bunnies are giving me more gifts now...it's so cute! :lol:
Little details like the crunching sound they make while eating really struck a chord for me because its authentic. I do weird out though at the squeaks, when they ask for something or when you find them during hide and seek...I get a twinge thinking they've been hurt. I'm taking this way too seriously!:lol:

Hm, I actually have Ebi, so maybe my theory was wrong... I did get my last bunny today, though! They're cute, and I think j&b would like this one.

Oh, you're right! I clicked on it and it started playing music!

Do you have a favourite bunny? Mine is Yuki because I think their leafy ears are really cute, haha.

I'm a bit jealous tbh ...but I'm rubbish at learning new things, especially technical. Only ever played games on a console. I'm kinda tempted as it looks so cute...also worried I might lose too much time playing it. Is there a Boo bunny?

Along with extreme difficulty keeping them all fed and happy without being on the game for hours...which is really no hardship. ;)

Oh my gosh the bunnies are giving me more gifts now...it's so cute! :lol:
Little details like the crunching sound they make while eating really struck a chord for me because its authentic. I do weird out though at the squeaks, when they ask for something or when you find them during hide and seek...I get a twinge thinking they've been hurt. I'm taking this way too seriously!:lol:
It is a bit hard to meet all of their demands... but it's so cute that I don't mind. :lol:

Aww, I love it when they give you a gift because you've become best friends. :lol:
I love the crunchy eating sounds. :lol: I do find the squeaks a bit weird, too, though! But I guess the designer didn't have many sounds to choose from since bunnies are so quiet. I'm glad the bunnies can't get hurt in this game. It's like having bunnies without all the stressful parts. :lol:

I'm a bit jealous tbh ...but I'm rubbish at learning new things, especially technical. Only ever played games on a console. I'm kinda tempted as it looks so cute...also worried I might lose too much time playing it. Is there a Boo bunny?
Aw, if it helps, when you start the game for the first time, it guides you through how everything works, and it's a relatively simple game. There aren't any complicated things to do. I was worried I'd spend too much time on it, too, but I haven't really been! At some point all the bunnies have been taken care of and they stop asking for things, so then there isn't really anything to do. And there aren't any consequences to ignoring bunnies' demands for food and pets and stuff, so you can close the game at any time. There's a bunny named Coco who has Boo's grey loppy ears and nose (but also grey feet and tail, and I think Boo's feet are white?), but the markings are a much darker grey than Boo's. This is the last bunny I found, though (I'll link to a screenshot I took so MimzMum can avoid seeing it if she doesn't want to be spoiled for a bunny she possibly doesn't have yet): https://i.imgur.com/0VXYIXE.png :lol:

I do have Coco. Thanks for not spoiling though, reader. :)
I think I must have some idea of the scope of Jane's chores when she had more bunnies...it gives one pause to think about the sheer amount of work (and reward) of having so many rabbit friends. :love:

Have to admit, if I was younger and more financially stable this game would've had me wanting a few more real bunnies of my own. There's so many things I miss about living with them.

Ah...I've discovered that there's apparently more than one boom box and the second one I bought (accidentally) has a much calmer tune playing on it. So I swapped them out.
Scared me though because Yuzu was dancing in front of the one I put away and she disappeared! :shock: I panicked thinking, "Oh no, I lost her!" But when I opened the game again later she was back and making sand castles. Phew!

Back