• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fionn....11/9/2010 - 20/12/2010..U/D Tribute Video Added

Lobo

Mama Doe
Our darling little Fionn, the first time I met you I knew you were very special. You were nervous and just a little frightened, but as soon as I cuddled you to my chest you nuzzled into my neck and rubbed your little face against mine. Mummy was the same. When she first met you and saw how tiny and vulnerable you were I saw a few tears in her eyes.

Your precious little life was far too short and yet you asked so little of it. In your innocence you only wanted to be a bunny; to run, flop and binky like all the other young bunnies, but even these small ambitions were denied you. Your damaged heart just would not let you lead the simple bunny life you so craved. For a short while some medications did help but soon they became ineffective and began to make your little body even worse. You had no quality in your life and that is why we had to help you to your eternal home. I do hope you understand that we only did this because we loved you so much and could not see you suffer any longer.

Go now our little white angel, the Rainbow Bridge is before you and holds no fear. Run across, do not hesitate at what lies before you. Binky the whole way if you want, for now your heart is strong and new and will not fail you as it did in this life. Our other bunnies who have made this journey before you will have prepared a place for you and will be waiting anxiously for your arrival. The first you will see is Paddy who has only been there for six weeks. He will be hopping in excited circles in anticipation of your arrival. Go with him to Liam who will have found you a beautiful place amongst the lushest grass of which you could only dream. Molly will have gathered a banquet of so much food, with alfalfa, apples and carrots in your honour. Be sure you eat what she gives you as she will not eat until she is certain you are well satisfied; such is her nature. You can eat these things now as there is no illness at the bridge, only healthy and happy bunnies living their forever lives in safety and complete health. Once you have settled, they will take you to meet Keith, Honey and Missy who have been living at the bridge for many years now and are wise to its ways. They will guide you Fionn and their counsel will be valuable.

We need to know you have arrived at the Rainbow Bridge. When next I feel a gentle breeze brush my cheek; I will know it is you passing by telling me you are safe in your eternal life.

Your stay with us was only thirty-one days and yet you captured our hearts. Your beautiful spirit will live on with us forever.

DSCF1662R.jpg

Last edited:
Rainbow Bridge has gained a wonderful Rex Angel. Fionn really will remain in your heart forever.

Fionn, go and find Eddie, he will be the Bun sitting in a terracotta flowerpot :)

Binky Free little man xx

I shouldn't read these, an in tears already. lovely lovely rexy baby.
Jacks-Jane is right, Eddie will look after him :love:

Your tribute to Fionn has moved me to tears and your description of Rainbow Bridge is exactly how I hope it to be...full of our loved buns waiting to welcome the newest little angels.

Binky free Fionn xxx

I am so very sorry that it was Fionn's time to go to the bridge :cry::cry::cry: He must be so thankful for the time he had with you both - somewhere he would know what love & care was :love:

Binky free beautiful boy, sleep tight poppet xxx

Fionn's ashes were returned to us today. When we lit our candle for the candle ceremony we placed his ashes in Paddy's wooden casket so they could be together forever. Fionn was so young and Paddy was a senior bunny and will look after him. They both had such similar natures, loving cuddles and cheek-rubs that it just seemed the right thing to do. Although they never met we believe had they done so they would have been the best of friends.:love:

Our greatest regret is that neither of these bunnies got to share a Christmas with us.:(

Oh Fionn, we so much wanted you to have Christmas with us, but it was not to be. Your little heart could not carry on for the extra 5 days.:(

Although we only knew you for 31 days you left such a void in our lives when you went. We have made this video so we always have something to remind us of just how precious those days were. Sleep tight our beautiful little white Rex angel. :love::love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6xtWqw6bcU

ETA: I have felt the breeze Fionn.:love:

Last edited:
Back