• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally biting the bullet! HELP PLEASE HAD A FIGHT!

TasherR

Alpha Buck
Hi guys just need some wise words of assurance really :lol: iv finally decided that it is time to bond my boys!!!
Quick summary of what iv done so far is :
Both been in the same room since december last year
They could seen each other but not touch for 2 months
then put them next to each other so they could touch for 4 months
then bailey was neutered (trev was already done) been 6 weeks since he was done so no more hormones or anything left
their cages are currently right next to each other so can see each other 24 hours a day.
They both seem to get along fine and try to groom through the bars :love:
Anyway im going to start bonding tonight and just wondered if you guys could just give me your opinions on the setup and if its correct?
what iv got is a small section of my bedroom sectioned off so i am at hand in the night if need be should i let them have access to this area or should i use the dog crate that i have and then increase the space a bit more?
i have a brand new litter tray that they can both fit into so no fighting over that i have a new hay rack , new toys, new food bowl or should i just put it onto the floor? and also plenty of vinegar to clean the garage with!
Anyhow what i was trying to ask is, is this correct and do i have everything i need? thanks again every one i really appreciate every ones input! :D

Last edited:
:wave: Can't really offer advice as such but, what your doing sounds good to me, sending vibes they get on for you:wave:

hi guys the buns have been together for just over 25 hours and i have had no bad behaviour
a little humping this morning but thats it. About 10 mins ago i went downstairs to get a drink
and after about 2 mins i heard aload of banging so i ran upstairs and there was fur
everywhere they both stopped as soon as i shouted but im not sure what to do next
do i seperate them or put them back together?? they are both totally fine by the way!

Are you going to stay up all night and watch them? The fact that there is fur is not a problem in itself, it will look worse than it is as most rabbits are moulting at present and fur will come out very easily. Tugging at fur around the bum will often be seen, it's when it escalates to biting, or jumping on each other's heads etc that you will need to be wary of.

I'd put them back together and stand over them with a towel to put between them if they start again. A bit of chasing is acceptable but if it looks like they are locking on to each other with their teeth (head to tail for both normally) then you might want to stop it. You will need to watch them in these early stages though - I'd not leave them unsupervised overnight.

Good luck.

:wave: I can't add any advice to what you've had just sending vibes they calm it down for you, sounds like they were doing so well, can you throw in some wet veg to cool them down and distract them maybe? Fingers crossed for you. It sounds like maybe they are testing each other, mine two males did the dreaded jumping on the head thing and then circling like a whirl wind and I picked one up and got a nice nip for my efforts - little tyke:roll:

Thank you duchess i thought that i should put them back together. And yes i will be up all night with them im bonding them in my bedroom so they are right next to my bed so i can watch them all night i know that they should be fully supervised in the first 48 hours especially.
Trev was watching me last night lol he managed to jump out of the pen and onto my bed i turned over to see a little nose wriggling in my face!! :lol::lol:

Thank you duchess i thought that i should put them back together. And yes i will be up all night with them im bonding them in my bedroom so they are right next to my bed so i can watch them all night i know that they should be fully supervised in the first 48 hours especially.
Trev was watching me last night lol he managed to jump out of the pen and onto my bed i turned over to see a little nose wriggling in my face!! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Thanks vicki, they were doing realy well iv had flopping ontop of each other eating from the same bowl, grooming themselves and eachother and them bam a fight :cry: hopefully they will b ok now they have calmed down just wish i knew what had caused it now tho :?

Excellent, well I hope you get some rest. If you have some, put some noisy toys like jingle balls in the pen with them, then if they start to chase, and you've nodded off (easily done), then the noise of the jingles will alert you to them starting up.

It sounds like you've done all the right things, and I hope the boys show you how much they appreciate your efforts by becoming best friends.

Keep us posted.

Helen

Excellent, well I hope you get some rest. If you have some, put some noisy toys like jingle balls in the pen with them, then if they start to chase, and you've nodded off (easily done), then the noise of the jingles will alert you to them starting up.

It sounds like you've done all the right things, and I hope the boys show you how much they appreciate your efforts by becoming best friends.

Keep us posted.

Helen

Great idea iv got one downstairs ill disinfect it now and put it in later on tonight!
and i will keep you posted this forum is like a giant rabbit library and advice hub so ill be making alot of posts in the next couple of weeks asking for advice but hopefully it wont take that long!! :lol:

Great idea iv got one downstairs ill disinfect it now and put it in later on tonight!
and i will keep you posted this forum is like a giant rabbit library and advice hub so ill be making alot of posts in the next couple of weeks asking for advice but hopefully it wont take that long!! :lol:

Thats a brilliant idea from Helen I'm nicking that one :lol: I'm sure it won't take that long with two - fingers crossed anyway, you'll still be on here though, you'll be hooked by then :lol:

Back