• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fank you Aunty Jill

morning, still no wee - hub is saying he must be weeing somewhere but we just can't see anything, plus it's odd that he's doing all his poos in his litter tray like nomal :? he's not touched his pellets from last night which is worrying but we have seen him eat some hay this morning
I'm trying to get hold of the vets at the minute to speak to them :(

morning, still no wee - hub is saying he must be weeing somewhere but we just can't see anything, plus it's odd that he's doing all his poos in his litter tray like nomal :? he's not touched his pellets from last night which is worrying but we have seen him eat some hay this morning
I'm trying to get hold of the vets at the minute to speak to them :(

More concerned now :( He def needs to see a vet today. Some are open on a Sunday but not sure about today being Easter :?

Might be worth speaking to the emergency vets at King Richards in Leics? If either Emily or Paula are duty that would be ideal :thumb:

oh dear really hoped you found wee overnight
very strange though if pooing normally and moving about?
has he eaten any veg/grass this morning?
Vibes for the little man xx

and edited to add King Richards do not do their own emergencey call outs anymore..it's done by The Park

What're you using in the litter tray? Would he tolerate just newspaper so you can see if he is doing tiny wees rather than a big one :wave:

wooden litter tends to look different depending on the amount of liquid on it so if you use that and he's only doing small wees prehaps its not showed up?

I would be pushing for an ultrasound now. I am concerned that he may have a urinary tract obstruction preventing urine passing from his kidneys to his bladder. A UTI can cause this, amongst other things. Obvious malaise is not always evident in the initial stages, but retention of urine is.

he's just had a big wee in his litter tray!!! :D

I haven't managed to get hold of the vets - it says on the website that they have an on site 24hr emergency service - but no answer and it's not going through to an answer phone or giving any other contact number?

Georgeypudding - he has newspaper with hay on top, so I've been lifting up the hay to check for wee spots.

Jack's-Jane - that's worrying, I will continue to try contact the vets even though he's had a wee. I'm really not happy with the way the vet checked him over yesterday morning! :(

however, since he had his wee he's been a bit more active so I've just put him out on the lawn and he's having a good nom on the grass. I won't keep him out for long though as I know the grass can upset his tum this time of year.

... but yay for the one wee!! well done Joey doodle :D

I'm so relieved..as I'm sure Joey is :lol:..that he has wee'd.. I actually undid the rubbish sack which contained all the clean out from his area ( rubber gloves and peg on my nose)..to check it this morning..and there was loads of wee soaked stuff :shock:..so as i said no probs here. Hopefully it was just adjusting to changing homes and his new accomodation you have got him that threw him a bit .
Lets hope he is now back to normal xx

hi, no more wee since lunchtime - I changed his litter tray after and put fresh newspaper in so I can keep check. ;) I've just replaced his pellets from last night - think he only had a few - and counted them in today so I can see what he's eating. He's had a small handful of herbs this evening and some hay, but he's still very flat out and not very active :(

Jill rang before and suggested I check his boy bits for swelling, so I've messaged her a photo to check :lol: It looks ok to us, but unfortunately we've never looked at it before :)oops:) so have nothing to compare :roll:

I'm so relieved..as I'm sure Joey is :lol:..that he has wee'd.. I actually undid the rubbish sack which contained all the clean out from his area ( rubber gloves and peg on my nose)..to check it this morning..and there was loads of wee soaked stuff :shock:..so as i said no probs here. Hopefully it was just adjusting to changing homes and his new accomodation you have got him that threw him a bit .
Lets hope he is now back to normal xx

:oops: thank you for checking x :oops:

hi, no more wee since lunchtime - I changed his litter tray after and put fresh newspaper in so I can keep check. ;) I've just replaced his pellets from last night - think he only had a few - and counted them in today so I can see what he's eating. He's had a small handful of herbs this evening and some hay, but he's still very flat out and not very active :(

Jill rang before and suggested I check his boy bits for swelling, so I've messaged her a photo to check :lol: It looks ok to us, but unfortunately we've never looked at it before :)oops:) so have nothing to compare :roll:

Was the wee he passed 'normal' looking for him ? Not gritty or smelling very offensive ? Did you actually see him wee ? Did he look to be straining or uncomfortable at all ?

If he remains quiet and 'not himself' by the morning I would get him seen by a Vet again, even if he does pass more urine.

Hope he gets back to his normal self soon, poor lad xx

only just come online but the pic of his bits look fine..not swelling or signs of damage..same as last time I checked him
So his lethargy could just be change of scene unsettling him..but as said on phone, if he is still acting strangely tomorrow a vet check may be advisable x

Back