• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fank you Aunty Jill

hi, the vet said that because his bladder feels empty he must be weeing somewhere!! I said he hasn't and that we've double checked everywhere, but he didn't seem worried about him. He asked if he's eating/drinking normally which he is .... but where's the wee :( feel like I'm going crazy! Even though he's eating and drinking, he's definitely not himself (which I told the vet, but he just kind of shrugged and said Joey will be fine!!!!).

he's currently flat out in his hutch like yesterday so I'll just have to keep an eye on him and see what happens :(

When Joey had his op the vet lady was so lovely and explained everything, but the guy we saw today was just rubbish and now I feel a bit deflated :cry:

Off to check the hutch/run/litter again for any signs of wee ...

Big hugs - remember hunni you know Joey better than anyone and you know if he isn't right. I hope you manage to find some wee. Hope he perks up soon.

(hopes Jill or Jen swing by with good advice) xx

hi, the vet said that because his bladder feels empty he must be weeing somewhere!! I said he hasn't and that we've double checked everywhere, but he didn't seem worried about him. He asked if he's eating/drinking normally which he is .... but where's the wee :( feel like I'm going crazy! Even though he's eating and drinking, he's definitely not himself (which I told the vet, but he just kind of shrugged and said Joey will be fine!!!!).

he's currently flat out in his hutch like yesterday so I'll just have to keep an eye on him and see what happens :(

When Joey had his op the vet lady was so lovely and explained everything, but the guy we saw today was just rubbish and now I feel a bit deflated :cry:

Off to check the hutch/run/litter again for any signs of wee ...

Are there any signs of him spraying still, white marks (dried wee) on the sides of his hutch ?

Sam..as said in pm

sorry he doesn't seem his normal self..but glad vet thinks nothing wrong..has he been out for a run about?

he had wee'd here..lots..and had wee'd not long before he left by the look of his area when I cleaned it
He was very lively, exploring everything and eating well .
If he is still flat in a couple of hours I'd ring vets again and ask for a 2nd opinion.
thinking of you x

hi, sorry crazy day here with family visits ... which I could do without really!
still no wee, but he is currently in the run having hay noms and we've had a few binky dances which is nice to see :D - me and hub thoroughly went round the whole hutch and run this morning and there are no signs of wees or spraying anywhere - so now no wees since possibly around 7pm Thursday?? :?
I'm wondering whether I should pipette some water to make sure he's drinking ... but his bottle has gone down and I've filled his bowl again today as it was nearly empty. not sure what to do really :(

eta: I mentioned to the vets about his bonding holiday/lots of humping etc and he didn't even check his boy bits - he just felt his bladder and that was it!? :|

Last edited:
hi, sorry crazy day here with family visits ... which I could do without really!
still no wee, but he is currently in the run having hay noms and we've had a few binky dances which is nice to see :D - me and hub thoroughly went round the whole hutch and run this morning and there are no signs of wees or spraying anywhere - so now no wees since possibly around 7pm Thursday?? :?
I'm wondering whether I should pipette some water to make sure he's drinking ... but his bottle has gone down and I've filled his bowl again today as it was nearly empty. not sure what to do really :(

eta: I mentioned to the vets about his bonding holiday/lots of humping etc and he didn't even check his boy bits - he just felt his bladder and that was it!? :|

This really is very strange. For him to be binkying he can't be in any pain and if he was fully hydrated I'd have thought that he'd stop eating but he's eating fine & what's coming out is normal :? Have you felt his fleecey pad or any other material based items to make sure he's not wee'd on those? Fleece dries out very quick so a sniff test may be in order :oops:

This really is very strange. For him to be binkying he can't be in any pain and if he was fully hydrated I'd have thought that he'd stop eating but he's eating fine & what's coming out is normal :? Have you felt his fleecey pad or any other material based items to make sure he's not wee'd on those? Fleece dries out very quick so a sniff test may be in order :oops:

Yep, sniffed his blanket and the rugs last night and this morning and no smell.

oh Sam what a worry..but if he isn't dehydrated and is acting normally..and if his bladder was checked and not full..then all i can say is try not to worry..just keep an eye on him for any other signs of discomfort..but binkies are good news
Give him a noserub from me and hope you find wet patches soon! xx

thanks Jill :)

Jen, sorry I was a bit brief before when I popped on, my phone isn't the best for typing!

well, update ... still no wee, but lots of poos as usual in his litter tray. he's been very sleepy again today, but doesn't seem to be in pain (or at least I don't think so) :? put him out on the lawn for a roam but he wasn't overly fussed and didn't go for the grass like he usually does - just kept coming over to me so I popped him back in his hutch (where we had lots of nose rubs and a big grooming session) :love:

I'm not as worried as I was as I know he's been checked (well bladder anyway), just wondering how long one little bun can go without a wee!!! :lol:

I really don't have anything useful or helpful to add :oops: but want you to know that I'm thinking of you as I know you're worrying :(

It really is quite a mystery :? If only they could communicate with us eh? :roll:

Goodness, still no wee, that seems an awful long while to cross his legs. :shock:

Hope nothing serious is amiss. xxx

If he still has not wee'd by morning I'd definitely take him back to the Vet

If you can find a few dandelion leaves you could give some to him. They have a 'natural' diuretic effect. Dont give him too many though if he is not used to them.

If he still has not wee'd by morning I'd definitely take him back to the Vet

If you can find a few dandelion leaves you could give some to him. They have a 'natural' diuretic effect. Dont give him too many though if he is not used to them.

Agree with both points..the sleepyness would worry me as he was so lively when here..right up to me trying to pick him up to bring him back to you!..so the sleepynes is odd..a check would be best

Back