• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaped rabbits - advice needed

They are beautiful rabbits. My heart melts when I see lionheads with their fluffy ears. I hope their owner realises they're escaping and makes the run safe.

It will be an emergency once a fox gets it's chops around them!

Yes, absolutely. But prioritising the (far, far too many to be able to cope with) calls that they receive, two escaped rabbits will not be top of their list. For example, there are reports of a dog that's living in a shed being starved to death, 50 rabbits living in squalor etc...and then two escaped rabbits. Yes, they are at risk but they are not suffering, and probably no more at risk that then 80% of other owned rabbits living in a pet shop 3ft flimsy hutch.

To be fair, I'd be more than happy for someone to jump into my garden if there were animals loose in there, without my permission. However, it's not my garden and just don't know how some people would react :(

Good luck with getting some help, hopefully they've found a safe place whilst loose x

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So an update.
I've not seen them since. I keep going back to check but they've not come back out.

I honestly believe they have a secret exit in their hutch & run. Maybe me knocking on those doors while they were out led the owners to look, even if they didn't answer to me.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That sounds plausible - it may well be that your door knocking got other people to notice and the rumour mill started working. I remember about 20 years ago when there was a massive storm while I was out (back when I used to free range unsupervised) and my bunnies escaped the garden through the blown-down fence, they never went far, they just went on a little adventure to explore the neighbour's garden but kept coming back. It sounds as if similar is happening here - they know where 'home' is so just hung around the area until they were rumbled!

just been reading this, hope your door knocking rang alarms in possible owners ears and they have now secured their pets home

Back