• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giving Rabbits Grass

bundit

Warren Scout
My rabbits have access to grass year round but it's very short now, and they have tonnes of hay which I change daily and it's good quality Timothy.

I wondered if I could supplement their diet with hand picked grass, just a handful at a time from our front garden (not mower clippings - I know that is no good).

My rabbits have access to grass year round but it's very short now, and they have tonnes of hay which I change daily and it's good quality Timothy.

I wondered if I could supplement their diet with hand picked grass, just a handful at a time from our front garden (not mower clippings - I know that is no good).

Yes as long as the grass hasn’t been treated with any chemicals :)

I also would avoid getting it from places where quite likely wild rabbits live, to be safe from diseases. I live in a small valley with no wild rabbit population (thanks to foxes, marten, and other teeht and claws), and I also gather at the company I work where I too know that there is no wildlife.

I gather a rather big basket full of forage as long as I can find any.

Thank-you! I'm not sure why I hadn't asked this before.
I've just been and got them some grass, they are very happy bunnies :)

Back