• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eric - advice please (is it teeth?) U/D both boys are well

Just had a call from the vets.
Eric is coming round from anaesthetic and is back with Ernie
I asked if Ernie is o.k and she said they are fine, but vet will update me when I go to collect them at 4.20pm:roll::roll:

So not sure if they have done any work on him or not! She just said they are fine and that Eric is coming round quicker than most!!

So I'm none the wiser as to why this is happening, just that they are o.k

When I have seen other vets, it is always the vets that call and explain everything. Not sure about this vet. Perhaps I am judging too soon.:oops::oops::oops:

Anyway, just pleased my Eric came through the GA alright.

Will post more info when I get it.

Thanks for all the vibes:):)

I second the EC suggestion if all else has been ruled out - especially since both boys are now showing similar symptoms. I had two bunnies who had active EC, and the only symptom was persistent stasis (one would go down with it, then another). Sadly, it remained undiagnosed for approx 10 months, and caused lasting damage.

Hope you get some helpful news later.

I second the EC suggestion if all else has been ruled out - especially since both boys are now showing similar symptoms. I had two bunnies who had active EC, and the only symptom was persistent stasis (one would go down with it, then another). Sadly, it remained undiagnosed for approx 10 months, and caused lasting damage.

Hope you get some helpful news later.

Thank you Sarah:):) - will mention it to the vets later. As I still don;t know if anything has been found or done, it's hard to know why!!

Hello
Just a final update.
Eric had to have a couple of spikes taken off back teeth. The vet said they weren't too big, but since he was looking he thought he might as well take them off.
His stomach was a little gassy -I thought it might be the case as he has only been eating his greens and very little hay for the last 2 days.

Ernie has been fine appently all day, so maybe he was just a little off colour after the vet trip yesterday.

They both came home and Ernie, was quite active, but Eric was a little unsteady on his legs and weary.

They both went on seperate levels in their NIC setup in the shed and just flopped!

Eric had a good drink and now a few hours later, they are both tucking into the hay............. Eric has eaten loads. So maybe the spikes were big enough to be causing some pain.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that all is well and thank you for all the get well wishes.:):):)

Back