• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emotional Connection Problem

KCG

Warren Veteran
Hello to everyone,
Cookie is now 8 months old, my first pet. I am taking care of Cookie, I have all the responsibility for Cookie. Cookie spends time with me all day. I love him so much, he is like my son. I've never been attached to anyone in my life like this.

I have a problem. Cookie couldn't connect emotionally with my husband. Cookie knows him, trusts him, but their relationship is not like mine. My husband doesn't like him very much. He doesn't understand my commitment to Cookie. My husband doesn't like cookie very much, even he's usually uncomfortable with him.

Do you have any similar problems?

Could your husband spend more time with Cookie? Doing nice things like feeding him his favourite foods?

I've always had a lot of pets since being a child, my partner however had none apart from two family cats just before he moved in with me. When we moved in together I came with two guinea pigs, two rabbits, two rats and a hamster :lol: At first he didn't see the point in keeping small caged pets (well and 2 free range bunnies) but he soon realised how intelligent they all were, had their own characters and the enjoyment you get from them. I would honestly say he loves rabbits more than me now, and the rabbit we have currently my partner adopted and convinced me to taking on another rabbit at the time and they have a much better bond. Our rabbit prefers him! Perhaps if your husband spend some time with Cookie he'd see the charm bunnies have?

Could your husband spend more time with Cookie? Doing nice things like feeding him his favourite foods?

I've always had a lot of pets since being a child, my partner however had none apart from two family cats just before he moved in with me. When we moved in together I came with two guinea pigs, two rabbits, two rats and a hamster :lol: At first he didn't see the point in keeping small caged pets (well and 2 free range bunnies) but he soon realised how intelligent they all were, had their own characters and the enjoyment you get from them. I would honestly say he loves rabbits more than me now, and the rabbit we have currently my partner adopted and convinced me to taking on another rabbit at the time and they have a much better bond. Our rabbit prefers him! Perhaps if your husband spend some time with Cookie he'd see the charm bunnies have?

Double post

I am happy for you, but I don't think my husband could be like this. Actually my husband is an eccentric type, does not like all animals. Says animals don't trust them because they don't have willpower.I wanted to buy a rabbit, now says"I wish I wouldn't let you take a pet, I'm very regretful. This is the first and the last". I'm sad too, my bunny is so sweet and innocent. I can't understand how he doesn't love him. My bunny also loves to sit on my husband's lap. I feel more upset when I see this. :(

I think it has something to do with upbringing. Because my husband's family is the same people. My mother-in-law got angry with me because I love my bunny so much(why does it concern them??).

Also my husband is a workaholic. He has a limited amount of time even for me. This time is very difficult for the bunny. :(

I am sorry you are having an issue with your husband not connecting with your pet.
My spouse likes our bunnies and the two older ones like him more than they like me, even though I do most of their care. I tell myself it is because he gives them extra treats, which means I am the one giving them less to encourage hay eating. I also do all the nursing care. Yet I know they trust him because of his usually quiet nature.

I am sorry you are having an issue with your husband not connecting with your pet.
My spouse likes our bunnies and the two older ones like him more than they like me, even though I do most of their care. I tell myself it is because he gives them extra treats, which means I am the one giving them less to encourage hay eating. I also do all the nursing care. Yet I know they trust him because of his usually quiet nature.

How lovely! You should be happy for that. My bunny trusts my husband. Even he sits on my husband's lap. My husband is unresponsive, I feel more upset when I see this. Why doesn't a person love a tiny creature? And people are angry with my husband's family because I love my bunny. This makes me more angry. I'm afraid one day my patience will run out. :shock:

I'm sorry that your husband doesn't share the your love of your bunny, but everyone is different I guess. If you were brought up without pets, it might be difficult to relate to an animal. Maybe in time he might feel different.

I'm sorry that your husband doesn't share the your love of your bunny, but everyone is different I guess. If you were brought up without pets, it might be difficult to relate to an animal. Maybe in time he might feel different.

I hope..

My son doesnt have the connection that I have to all my small pets (rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and mice). He does love the dogs though. They love him too!

I have always adored animals.

My son doesnt have the connection that I have to all my small pets (rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and mice). He does love the dogs though. They love him too!

I have always adored animals.

Our situation looks the same. I guess I gave a little different meaning to my bunny. I see my bunny like my son. I get upset when my husband thinks like he doesn't love our child. :D

Back