• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fix my relationship

KCG

Warren Veteran
Hello to everyone,
I normally have an extremely close relationship with Cookie. But for the last 1-2 months I've started giving Cookie an inhaler because it was allergy season and I had to. He distanced himself from me because I forced Cookie this med. He likes when I pet him and he comes when I call. But now he never licks me or lays on the couch next to me. And now he's more angry to me, sometimes grunting or grinding his teeth at me during the day. How can I fix my relationship with Cookie? :roll:

Hello to everyone,
I normally have an extremely close relationship with Cookie. But for the last 1-2 months I've started giving Cookie an inhaler because it was allergy season and I had to. He distanced himself from me because I forced Cookie this med. He likes when I pet him and he comes when I call. But now he never licks me or lays on the couch next to me. And now he's more angry to me, sometimes grunting or grinding his teeth at me during the day. How can I fix my relationship with Cookie? :roll:

I can't help you fix your relationship with Cookie, but I'll give you my thoughts on the issue.

In my experience, rabbits don't really get angry. What we perceive as anger is usually something else. It sounds as though he's a bit wary/scared that you will pick him up and force the meds on him and this will suggest to him that it's best for him not to voluntarily get close to you. However, it's not so bad that he has stopped coming when you call and he still likes you to pet him. He thought he could trust you though, but now he's not so sure. The only cure for this really is time. Either the forcing of meds will stop and/or he will get used to it and realise that it's not really a danger for him.

The grunting and teeth grinding doesn't sound to me like a reaction to that, so it might not be related. Is he completely well in himself? Grunting is sometimes hormonal and teeth grinding can suggest pain. What is happening during the situations when he grunts or grinds his teeth?

Lilac can be like this when she has medicine, she's not really a people person anyway but even less so when she needs medicine. I agree with Omi, it just takes time. You're doing something he doesn't enjoy and he doesn't understand that it's for his own good!

I can't help you fix your relationship with Cookie, but I'll give you my thoughts on the issue.

In my experience, rabbits don't really get angry. What we perceive as anger is usually something else. It sounds as though he's a bit wary/scared that you will pick him up and force the meds on him and this will suggest to him that it's best for him not to voluntarily get close to you. However, it's not so bad that he has stopped coming when you call and he still likes you to pet him. He thought he could trust you though, but now he's not so sure. The only cure for this really is time. Either the forcing of meds will stop and/or he will get used to it and realise that it's not really a danger for him.

The grunting and teeth grinding doesn't sound to me like a reaction to that, so it might not be related. Is he completely well in himself? Grunting is sometimes hormonal and teeth grinding can suggest pain. What is happening during the situations when he grunts or grinds his teeth?

He has no pain, he just grumbles when he's always disgruntled. :roll: Since yesterday I started encouraging him to sleep and lay with me again with the pellets. He's almost back to normal now, he came in this morning and started sleeping with me, I hope he starts licking me again. Thanks a lot :) :love:

Lilac can be like this when she has medicine, she's not really a people person anyway but even less so when she needs medicine. I agree with Omi, it just takes time. You're doing something he doesn't enjoy and he doesn't understand that it's for his own good!

Ohh yess my little baby but I am very attached to his love and to him, I always want him to love me :( :lol: :lol:

Back