• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ella & Archie OWNER as been Found Guilty

I just told my o/h about this story and he said the £1250 fine should be donated to the rescue that had to care for them - I agree:D
Hope he never owns another animal - sounds like he can't look after his children:evil:

Last edited:
I am so glad Archie and Ella have wonderful new homes.

I am so glad that person has been prosecuted and punished.

Well done again Kay for changing the lives of these bunnies.

Vanessa xx

Sadly, there isn't anything to stop people who are banned from going out and getting another animal a few years down the line. It is impossible to police and the rspca/sspca etc don't even inform each other of people who have been banned.
Great news that these poor wee mites have found a new home and are off to start a second beginning.:)

Great news Kay - really happy for you :)

edit - just read the article and he sounds a thoroughly unpleasant and stupid individual :evil: He still seems to blame the fact that his kids didn't care for them and then 'he ended up in court' - awww don't you feel sorry for him :evil::evil::evil:

Last edited:
I'm glad he's been named and shamed at least - If the hutch was at his house and the kids lived with their mum then most of the week they'd have got no attention at all - just guessing as it's not clear which parent the kids lived with :?

The kids live with him, I hope social services now get involved as it says he works 12hr shifts, so who looks after the kids.
The best bit is is that he works at the company that provide all the newspapers for the buns and a few have been up and actually seen Ella & Archie and knew they came from Horwich so it won't take them long to fathom it out:D

I am going to send a letter to both newespapers saying that I was the rescue that took them in and got them back to health and found them new homes. I am also going to put in about you guys and the lovely presents that were sent off people on here:D

I have had loads of phonecalls off people saying that they are so pleased.

I really cannot tell you all how happy I am, it is better than winning the lottery:D:D

Really glad he was found guilty & that Archie & Ella are all settled in their new home - can't wait to see the pics :)

Sadly, there isn't anything to stop people who are banned from going out and getting another animal a few years down the line. It is impossible to police and the rspca/sspca etc don't even inform each other of people who have been banned.
Great news that these poor wee mites have found a new home and are off to start a second beginning.:)

I agree it's imposible to police. I had some buns that came from a breeder with a 5 year ban from keeping animals after the suffering of the last lot.

These ones were in no better state :evil: but hopefully the fine will keep this individual wary of giving into his kids plea's again. :censored:

roh poor guys...
I just read Ella and Archie story, you did such a great job!!
Good news for the owner, really good news... hope he won't be able to approach animals again...
I wish a long nice a confi life to Ella and Archie!
cec

Brilliant news. These people need to be named and shamed.
So glad the rabbits will have a happy future:D

Copy of letter I have sent to the local paper

Just thought I would share a copy of the letter that I have sent to the local paper

Hi,
I would appreciate it if you could please print this in your letters section. I would appreciate it if you didn't print the rescue name as I am not that far away from the man. Your collegue Gayle actually saw the state of these rabbits when they came in as she was with me when they arrived.
Many Thanks
Kay

Dear The Bolton News
I was the local rabbit & guinea pig rescue that took these poor rabbits in after being picked up of the RSPCA Inspector. Without going into details of the state these poor rabbits came in, I would just like to let everyone know that after being nursed back to perfect health these two rabbits now named Ella & Archie have got their forever home. I use a website called Rabbits United and alot of the members on this forum were so upset by Ella & Archie's story sent them toys and treats and it was these people who chose their names.

There are so many rabbits that come in to rescues all with their sad individual stories to tell, some would make you cry and some would make you annoyed but at least the ones that make it to rescue get a second chance of a good life and now with thanks to the RSPCA Ella and Archie have a second chance and will hopefully make people realise that a rabbit isn't 'just a rabbit' but a part of the family like any dog or cat.

Kay

Nice letter. Glad that they have gone to a good home where they will get the care and love they deserve after such a terrible start. It would be nice if some of the money from the fine could go back into animal welfare.

Have you read some of the comments under the news article.

One idiot put 'all this for a dead rabbit' :evil:

I am trying to register to comment and could I please ask that a few more animal friendly people comment also.

People need to realise that all animals have a right to a good quality of life, food, shelter, fresh air, exercise and stimulation and vet treatment when necessary. There is no such thing as only a rabbit, mouse, horse, pig. Where is their compassion. No wonder the world is in such a B****y state.
Quote Hitler ''It's only a jew''

Also... people need to accept responsibility for their children's actions and behaviour. They chose to reproduce, obviously this father has passed on his uncaring trait to his off springs and or his lack of intelligence. Those older kids can see suffering.

As Keny Everitt used to say 'put them all in a field and bomb the b****rds :evil::evil::evil:

I am just so angry about the attitudes...

I wish those little buns a lovely new start.
Rabswood

Last edited:
Back