• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elijah is in surgery for a blockage U/D got through surgery... He's home !!

Lots more vibes from me too. I'm glad he made it through the op and I hope he can hang in there. Thinking of you both. xxx

Thank you so, so much for all the vibes.

He's through the 2 hours since the end of the op (nearly 3) and is "as well as can be expected". He was sitting up and aware of his surroundings and NHB said he was "happy with him", felt his chances of surviving were good now he'd got that far. He's at FHB's home, so I get to ring for update at 7.45, before the phones go over.

It's occurred to me that poor Elijah, who was starved and neglected in his early life (he was thin when he came to live with me at about 8 months old) probably got in the habit of eating his hard droppings then as he had nothing else to eat :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Thank you so, so much for all the vibes.

He's through the 2 hours since the end of the op (nearly 3) and is "as well as can be expected". He was sitting up and aware of his surroundings and NHB said he was "happy with him", felt his chances of surviving were good now he'd got that far. He's at FHB's home, so I get to ring for update at 7.45, before the phones go over.

It's occurred to me that poor Elijah, who was starved and neglected in his early life (he was thin when he came to live with me at about 8 months old) probably got in the habit of eating his hard droppings then as he had nothing else to eat :cry::cry:

Poor little man :cry: I did wonder if it could be connected with his moult at all.... :?

Really glad that he's got through the first couple of hours safely.....

Poor little man :cry: I did wonder if it could be connected with his moult at all.... :?Really glad that he's got through the first couple of hours safely.....

Yes, the ingested hair was given as a strong factor, not necessarily a direct cause but certainly a compounding factor, given that he's probably ingesting them a second time, I presume this means he's getting twice as much as would otherwise be the case. He seems to moult about 75% of the time too.

Yes, the ingested hair was given as a strong factor, not necessarily a direct cause but certainly a compounding factor, given that he's probably ingesting them a second time, I presume this means he's getting twice as much as would otherwise be the case. He seems to moult about 75% of the time too.

Are you thinking FHB meant Cecal poo then :? I thought she was referring to a Fecal poo :?

I am hoping Elijah has had a comfortable night and that he is now on the road to a good recovery. More vibes being sent :love:

Back