• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Edited Post 46 (23/11/11) Our new setup.......Check it out!

:wave: Fab set up! :D
That is absolutely amazing. :)

Perhaps you could incorporate a cat flap or one of your own design that has rubber edges and will keep the draught out. If you had a flap on either side of the tunnel somehow it would act a bit like double glazing and keep your heat in.

But it's still amazing.

Just wanted to add that the cat flap works great! We have one going through our wall leading into the playhouse. You do need to extend the inside of the flap as the walls are so thick but my hubby just used wood and it does stop the draft. Also you can lock it saves your buns escaping :lol:

You can almost see the wood on this pic
]
And you can see how think the wall is on this one?

I could get a closer up photo for you to see if you want? ;)
It didn't take the buns long to figure it out :lol:

Just wanted to add that the cat flap works great! We have one going through our wall leading into the playhouse. You do need to extend the inside of the flap as the walls are so thick but my hubby just used wood and it does stop the draft. Also you can lock it saves your buns escaping :lol:

]

Love the little see-saw toy thingy!!! :D

]

aaah thanks! Awesome set up - really great! Love the see-saw thing too....very cute!:love::love::love::love:

The cat-falp we will need will somehow have to work on the tunnel itself...mmmm just thought - unless we build a wooden piece for the hutch side and then attach a cat-flap to that...:?

will have a little think! Thanks so much for the pics...great to also know some one else has their buns indoors & outdoors as they wish!:lol::love:

Hi all!

I just wanted to say we have added an addition to our buns accomadation...and its a cat-flap! We found that the tunnel coming from outdoors through the wall and into our sideboard worked a treat in the summer as it gave a bit of an air-con feel for them...buuut in the cooler months now - we can feel it too! brrrr...so we are "testing" out the buns and how they deal with it...and its been really funny, very sweet and rather amusing!:lol::love: OH has tapped a cat-flap to a card-board box and then taped the box to the tunnel area inside the sideboard....this is just to test it before we start installing it properly...of course this squashed up their bed area and so "we have been told!" by Archie - this will not do!:lol: He has chewed half his dog-bed and made huge holes in it trying to get it out the way:lol::lol::roll: It took a bit of getting used to but within an hour they were all zipping through it with great delight - tails up and every now & then just poking thier heads through to have a squizz....I cant see that they will get stuck...Im praying not anyways. OH said we wont ever lock them as they might run into them through the tuneel at full-pelt and really really hurt themselves. We now plan to make a wooden box to fit it properly and it will go indoors between the sideboard and the wall..so the buns can have their bed-area back (Archie nods his head!:lol:) And OH wants to put another one on the other side of the tunnel in their hutch so there is no cold-airflow. I will of course post piccies when its done...our setup is slightly changed...the girls get changed over still ..not ideal but we havent had time to re-bond them...buuut hopefully soon. Im also thinking of perhaps joining the upper level of the hutches together - liike the lower levels..to give them abit more room...they dont tend to use the one upper level much so it might make it ait more usable. oh...the cat-flap we got was £10...so not bad at all!:wave:

thanks all for the tips and advice along the way too!:wave:

Back