• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Edited Post 46 (23/11/11) Our new setup.......Check it out!

Thanks all! :D still laughing at the idea of being proud about keeping my bunny in just a sideboard though! :lol:

Love it! did you cut a hole in the wall specially?:lol::love:

:D We did indeed!:lol:
Before we did it - we mentioned it to family...there were a few raised eyebrows...and comments about me being mad..but OH was excited too!:lol:
And of course - we bought the sideboard to do that to it!:lol:

It works really well though...they seem to enjoy it and run in & out all day ....we just close the sideboard at night and then then free range indoors if they wish too during the day....its very cute!:love:

I was showing this to my son (eight) who says to tell you ge thinks it a fantastic set up and your buns are really lucky! Now worried I will find him with a hole cutter bit on a the drill one day!:lol:

:D We did indeed!:lol:
Before we did it - we mentioned it to family...there were a few raised eyebrows...and comments about me being mad..but OH was excited too!:lol:
And of course - we bought the sideboard to do that to it!:lol:

It works really well though...they seem to enjoy it and run in & out all day ....we just close the sideboard at night and then then free range indoors if they wish too during the day....its very cute!:love:

:lol::lol::lol: Love it !! Nice to know i'm not the only Bunny nutter out there!!:lol::lol:

This is total genius :D :D

I saw the sideboard and was like....FFS you can't keep a bunny in a cupboard :shock::shock: and then I realised :lol: what a brilliant idea, I bet loads of people will try it now thanks to you :D

Last edited:
Thanks again guys!:love: Just showed OH all the comments and he was really pleased..laughed at the "bunny in a sideboard" bit...and drooled over everyones bunny pics in their Signatures!:lol::love:

I was showing this to my son (eight) who says to tell you ge thinks it a fantastic set up and your buns are really lucky! Now worried I will find him with a hole cutter bit on a the drill one day!:lol:

aaaah bless him! Tell him "Thank you very very much - its very kind!"
:lol:hopefully he wont get that drill out!:lol:

This is total genius :D :D

I sa the sideborad and was like....FFS you can keep a bunny in a cupboard :shock::shock: and then I realised :lol: what a brilliant idea, I bet loads of people will try it now thanks to you :D

:lol::lol:I know - that pics funny! I wanted to give a proper view of what it looks like...but you cant really see the tunnel!:lol::lol::lol:
Hopefully it gives a few more folks some idea's!:p

Thanks guys! As I write...Archie & Indiana are bouncing about in doors 7 then running out to the run....:lol: lotsa nudges...think they happy!:love:

Thanks again guys...great to have feed back! OH is feeling very chuffed now too!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looks fab! Will they have access to the house 24hrs a day? :D

:) At the moment Im home 24/7 - so the sideboard is open from early till late - often about midnight each day....then we close it when we go to bed. On days we go out - we also close it...The girls used to free range when we were out - but we not sure if Archie would be as good...and not chew up our carpets on the stairs...:roll::D

Thanks again guys...great to have feed back! OH is feeling very chuffed now too!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:) At the moment Im home 24/7 - so the sideboard is open from early till late - often about midnight each day....then we close it when we go to bed. On days we go out - we also close it...The girls used to free range when we were out - but we not sure if Archie would be as good...and not chew up our carpets on the stairs...:roll::D

Ok cool so they always have the option of going in the side board to sleep? (that sounds odd :lol:) Im just thinking towards the very cold months and having them in all day then shutting them out. Im sure lots of bedding in the sideboard would give them the option to sleep in the warmth of the house if they so choose. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah - I think I'll have to do this! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thankyou ALL for you wonderful comments!:D:D:love:
We are very pleased...I was so excited to see it when I came back to UK....so funny opening the sideboard and a bunny hops out! lol!:lol::love:

For the couple of questions asked regarding how hard it was to put the hole in & if its draughty....I will ask OH about cutting the whole etc as I was in Aus at the time. I think he used a hole cutter. We had worked out the size we needed for ol Archie to fit through being the biggest bun about...the pipe tunnel has some silver electrical tape - which is great as it gives them grip to run through the tunnel.

There is a slight draught coming through into the sideboard.....but I think the buns enjoy it as on a hotter day they lie there and get a little bit of air-con! lol! I dont think the summer months will be an issue...as for winter....well it may be abit cooler....which is not an issue unless our heat all dissappears and costs us money. We are on the though process of how we can "block" it off so its not fully open and yet they still have access. Will keep you posted on any progress in that area.

I do know when OH put the tunnel in - it moved one day and so when they ran through they ended up outside and had a wonderful run about - OH was like OMG! lol! SO - anyone planning on doing similar - make sure the wall cavity is filled up surrounding the pipe so the pipe can not move and that no buns will accidentally get into the wall cavity - which would be just aweful.
And the pipe is secure that a grown man cant budge it....;)

:lol::thumb:

Back