• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddie update

I cant for the life of me understand why surgery was attempted without aggressive abx first.............:?

Alison Eddie's eyes look so much better !! You and your Vet have worked miracles :D The fact that he has put on 200g is amazing, he must feel so much better :D I am sure Kris will be delighted with his progress

:D

oh what a little cutie! i must meet this bun :D

well done to Kris, Alison and Louise for doing this for Eddie, he so deserved it doesnt he :)

Eddie has been to see Simone this morning and she is very pleased with him :D He has put on weight nicely and his eyes are looking much less swollen and sore. We are continuing with the different antibiotics and will continue to monitor the eye that has been operated on to see how things go. She feels much less worried about him now than a week ago :D

Alison....which antibiotic worked for Eddie?

It's just that we've got a rabbit in who's eyes are crusted with yellow stuff (pus?) every morning. We've tried fucithalmic and Tiacil eye drops without success, so would be interested in an alternative antibiotic to try.

He isn't as bad as Eddie though because his eyes aren't sealed over, and his tear ducts flush through properly.

Ta

:wave: He's having injected engemycin (oxytetracycline - another brand is called terramycin) every 3 days and fucithalmic eye drops. I think if there is a lot of pus and gunk, systemic antibiotics can get to the heart of the problem more easily than just eye drops. He does still have a lot of pus but it's nowhere near as bad and his eyes aren't really sore any more so it's definitely improving vastly! My vet uses it quite often as it seems to be really effective and pretty safe - Santa also has it for her snuffles.

Oh I'm soo happy Eddie is doing so well...

Alison you're doing a great job..and Kris deserves a mention for allowing this to happen....but all for a good result!!

Hes looking great Alison.

Thankfully Krys rescued him as I doubt he would have had all this loving care from Krys and Alison if he had remained where he was.

I am REALLY pleased to say that this morning - not only were both eyes fully open, but they didn't even need cleaning. How fantastic is that :D :D I'll try and get some more piccies of the little monkey later (and he really is turning into a little monkey now he's feeling better - some of that docility was clearly down to just feeling poorly!)

I am REALLY pleased to say that this morning - not only were both eyes fully open, but they didn't even need cleaning. How fantastic is that :D :D I'll try and get some more piccies of the little monkey later (and he really is turning into a little monkey now he's feeling better - some of that docility was clearly down to just feeling poorly!)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D :D

Well done Alison :wave:

Wow that's fantastic news! Big well done to Eddie and Alison from Canada :)

I knew there was a mischievous bun lurking in there somewhere :roll: :lol:

Thats brilliant!! (only just seen the post :oops:)
Rose will be so happy!

Back