• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebonnie 18th December 2009/// 1 Year on

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
I found your tiny precious soft wee body sleeping peacefully in the hutch. Nori was looking at you somewhat bewildered but I think he understands. I love you so much and I am so sorry I didn't make it in time. You were still slightly soft, its must just have been an hour. I don't how or why you had to go but you were the runt of your litter and its amazing you made it to 4 and half. When you were just a baby you couldn't even walk but you got better and went on to become a feisty little lady with great speed and agility.
You did suffer chronic bloat and I believe it got the better of you. I wish I could have done more but las night you were well and happy. Don't worry about Nori, I'll take good care of him. Please know that I am so so sorry and that I shall always love you. You're safe with mummy now and your brother and sister. Tell them that I love them and please give Nori a visit, tell him you're ok.
You're free now.

21Ebony4thJuly2007.jpg

23NoriandEbony22October2005.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you :( the irony is her christmas presents from the hay experts arrived today. I don't know what to do. I don't know whether to have a post mortem done and then there's her wee husband to think of, he's all alone now.:(

Thank you :( the irony is her christmas presents from the hay experts arrived today. I don't know what to do. I don't know whether to have a post mortem done and then there's her wee husband to think of, he's all alone now.:(

Im so sorry.
Sleep tight little one.

Its upto if you have a PM done, i know how you feel..Hugs!

x

Thank you everyone. I took her to the vet and he examined her corpse without doing a pm. He agrees with me as to how she died. She was a runt with chronic bloat and she suffered from it every month or so. It was treatable with warm probitioic water and some painkiller. As a kit she had been paralysed, a bacterial infection attacked her nervous system and she couldn't stand, walk or even manouver her ears. She came through that and the bullying of her litter mates. I knew she would never have the same life span as a healthy bunnie, being underdeveloped and ill but she did have a good life and a mate who loved her. She died suddenly and still has hay in her mouth, it seems she wouldn't have known what had happened as she was in a sitting position. She is buried with her mother now and Nori came up to the box before I put her in the ground and he left two muddy paw marks on the box like a sort of farewell.

Awwww hun thats really sad so she did well to have a life as long as she did bless her sending noserubs to you and your remaining bun x

This just made me cry too :cry: Im so sorry for your loss. Ebonnie looks exactly the same as my Perry. Beautiful bunny. :(

Sleep tight Ebonnie. Have fun at the bridge. :love:

Lisa and the bunnies

Back