• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Easter Bunnies - well, Good friday bunnies actually.....

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
I'm afraid I don't get much spare time to post at the moment what with one thing or another, but as I was off work yesterday and it was a lovely day in the garden, I thought I'd grab a few minutes with the two hooligans as they were outside:-
https://youtu.be/tWGFSIZw5hQ

Bertie had been to the vet the evening before, for his annual vaccinations, hence my commentary. It was his first time at our vets since we had him and crikey what a nightmare. Before anyone askes, no Flo didn't accompany him because both bunnies were playing up that evening and time was against us so I decided not to stress Flo out even more and just take Bertie. As it turns out, we won't be taking Bertie solo again. He was fairly chilled in the carrier and mostly at the vets to be fair, but he flipped when it was teeth checking time and his body language was all over the place. His breathing and heartrate were off the charts as he was super stressed.
Once home, Bertie was so withdrawn. Not the usual bunny sulk. This was full on. He just hid away which is not like him. It took 4 hours that evening and the waft of a few banana slices to coax him into eating again. Clearly there is something in his past about vet trips or being in a carrier. I suspect that to him, going in a carrier means that he's leaving his 'home' hence why he gets super stressed especially as he has such an amazing relationship with Flo. He's ok now - he was more or less himself after a nights rest.
In fact, as I type this, both bunnies are snoozing fast asleep under the living room table after spending all yesterday outside in the sun. Yes I did eventually cut the lawn but I left some tactical areas of long grass for them to monch on.
Happy easter everybun
Craig x

Aw gorgeous bunnies enjoying the sunshine. Poor Bertie, glad he's ok now, it's awful to see them so frightened at the vets though, isnt it.
Happy Easter to you too Craig x

Hello Bertie & Flo :wave: Why do you need to cut your grass when you have these bunnies to do it for you?

I'm sorry to hear Bertie was so traumatised by his dental exam, poor boy :(

Poor Bertie. Some Rabbits are like that. Bobby would hide for a few hours after his trip to the Vets. xx

Bertie must have been so scared and it must have been stressful for you to see him so withdrawn and not eating.
Flo and Bertie are a lovely couple. Happy Easter to you, Jan, a s Alex.

Back