• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dunno what to do, U/D both home

They are in the best place for now and getting the attention they need. Sending them both lots of vibes for a quick recovery.

i told them on the phone this morning i cant get food or water into Alvin he fights me so hard, but i never expected her to keep pearl in too... i know they need to see what i see but still :(.. my house is blokeless, dogless and now bunniless... feel a bit lost and have no idea whats gonna happen next

have just been planning my bus route which should save me over £8 in travel costs there.... how do they know to get ill at the worst possible times and together.. not sure im up to the job of bunny caretaking tbh :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh hon I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope they are both ok.
You'll be fine at caretaking, just take it slow. Maybe see if the vet can show you how they've been doing it?
Heaps of vibes for all three of you.
xx

So sorry Donna, only just seen this thread, sending loads and loads of vibes for Alvin and Pearl and hugs to you, try to stay strong, I know it's hard x

That must be so worrying having them both in at once :(

At least they are in the right place to get whatever is wrong with them, sorted. Don't beat yourself up oer it either, you spotted Pearl's symptoms really early on when there wasn't anything obviously wrong with her, lots of people would have missed that.

i told them on the phone this morning i cant get food or water into Alvin he fights me so hard, but i never expected her to keep pearl in too... i know they need to see what i see but still :(.. my house is blokeless, dogless and now bunniless... feel a bit lost and have no idea whats gonna happen next

have just been planning my bus route which should save me over £8 in travel costs there.... how do they know to get ill at the worst possible times and together.. not sure im up to the job of bunny caretaking tbh :cry::cry::cry::cry:

oh of course you are hun. Its hard and especially scary when its two bunnies at once, and most of us feel like we dont know enough to help them but thats what vets are for, they are in the best possible place and they are together thats the main thing. At least they are going to try and figure out whats wrong with pearl too.

I am thinking of them both :(

oh of course you are hun. Its hard and especially scary when its two bunnies at once, and most of us feel like we dont know enough to help them but thats what vets are for, they are in the best possible place and they are together thats the main thing. At least they are going to try and figure out whats wrong with pearl too.

I am thinking of them both :(

I agree, my feelings exactly. Also admit that I find illness in humans straight forward, but get in a terrible state when it's my furry friends. The house feels so empty when mine is in hospital. Come on, you can do it!

Thinking of A&P with fingers crossed.

Awww just caught up with all of this :(. Hope the little monkeys will both be back home and well asap. Sending billions of vibes xx

both have come home...

Alvin - was nibbling while at the vets as well as syringe feeds, hes been sent home fully drugged up and if im still worried tomorrow they will take him in again... he hasnt pooped yet tho :cry::cry:

Pearl - they still cant find a problem so after the baytril is finished if im still worried shell have to go under a GA for an xray and what ever else they need to do... she didnt sneeze or snort while she was there

another night alone with these pair :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Alvins had a drink and has gone back to lying down :(

So pleased for you that they are back home, really hope things are ok. Fingers crossed for your babies.

Did you see my earliar post re Vinnie and his breathing probs

sorry i missed that :oops:

the vet did agree it could be an allergy if shes only showing signs at home and not at the vets... think ill leave her be a few days now, we still have the appointment with Struan booked but tbh i dont think hell shed anymore light on it than Lauren (who has been totally amazing with both of them)... looks like its the xray route just to be sure tho, but after this week i dont think me or Pearl will be rushing for that appointment while she seems so happy....

ill do what i was orginally told and monitor her for signs of getting worse for a few days now (and ill cope better with Ste here too)

Alvin has just munched a huge amount of hay and has drank and had some small pieces of very wet greens so again im going to leave him be for an hour or so before i even consider wrestling some recovery into him...

my god i think i may actually start to breathe again :D

Back