• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dot's having emergency surgery for a blockage. UD she's gone

Thanks guys, I'm so grateful for all the posts. I don't think it will really hit me until I collect her tomorrow.

The operation was completed - she had a significant blockage and the vet had managed to move it into the large intestine (didn't cut the intestine just moved the blockage along) and had stitched her up and that's when she died.

I've been on the phone to Denise as I know she was very attached to Dot, I feel so guilty for doing this to her a second time as it was Denise who very kindly brought Izzy to me as well. Both Izzy and Dot were harlequin does and we did the hand over at the same place.... both were about eight/nine months old when they died. I almost feel as if I jinxed Dot's life. (I know I'm talking rubbish so ignore me :oops:)

I'm collecting Dot tomorrow. I haven't decided if I'm going to show her to Elijah. They have been living side-by-side for about 6 weeks, I had been thinking of bonding them this weekend ..... :cry::cry::cry: He *probably* needs to see her :(

Alison I am so, so sorry that Little Dot didn't make it :cry::cry::cry:

As I've said to you please don't ever think you jinxed Little Dot's life because I am so very grateful she got to experience her forever home with you.

You gave her everything & more - something I can only imagine she didn't have before coming into rescue. Please don't feel guilty because both Izzy & Little Dot had lives with you that some bunnies can only dream about. Having seen where Izzy came from, I know the short time with you must have made her very, very happy.

They were very lucky & fortunate bunnies to have you as their mummy.

Both Mark & I were very attached to Little Dot & we just so wish for you, Little Dot & Elijah that it hadn't been her time to go - but please take comfort in that she will take away wonderful memories :love:

Sending you lots & lots hugs, if you need to chat or need anything you know I'm only a phonecall away xxx

Oh god what an auwful day i am so so sorry :cry:
A blockage took my Tilly aswell, we didnt even get chance to opt for an op before she died. Its such a horrific shock to lose a bun so suddenly, i really feel for you. Please take care of yourself xxxx

Oh god what an auwful day i am so so sorry :cry:
A blockage took my Tilly aswell, we didnt even get chance to opt for an op before she died. Its such a horrific shock to lose a bun so suddenly, i really feel for you. Please take care of yourself xxxx

Thank you. I spend so much time being paranoid about not eating bunnies and going into blind panic but I really didn't expect this outcome today. She was only a baby :cry::cry:

Back