• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Don't wanna jinx anything but...

We've now reached huge mushy cowpat levels [emoji51] the smell is horrendous, Clementine trod in some then spent ages and ages grooming and looking a bit confused tbh [emoji38] I did help her in the end.. He's nomming more hay too, his stomach is still not looking how it should yet but hopefully he'll just keep passing it all til it's all gone :) he's been stripping apple bark of twigs too :)

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

We've now reached huge mushy cowpat levels [emoji51] the smell is horrendous, Clementine trod in some then spent ages and ages grooming and looking a bit confused tbh [emoji38] I did help her in the end.. He's nomming more hay too, his stomach is still not looking how it should yet but hopefully he'll just keep passing it all til it's all gone :) he's been stripping apple bark of twigs too :)

stop teasing us posting updates with no poo photos :lol: I can see Clementine thinking oh christ, what have I taken on :lol:

its brilliant that you've got him to this stage again - he is defo best placed with you

Oh no poor Clementine! I bet he owes her a really big grooming session for that!

Hopefully he'll get through this stage nice and quickly!

stop teasing us posting updates with no poo photos [emoji38] I can see Clementine thinking oh christ, what have I taken on [emoji38]

its brilliant that you've got him to this stage again - he is defo best placed with you

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

You're all saved I was holding Evelyn when Michael showed me so I didn't take a picture [emoji38]

I always feel like he'd do better with someone else to be honest. Because it's always so touch and go, and I keep thinking one of these times it'll be it :( but I'm trying to stay positive and give him everything I can

You're all saved I was holding Evelyn when Michael showed me so I didn't take a picture [emoji38]

I always feel like he'd do better with someone else to be honest. Because it's always so touch and go, and I keep thinking one of these times it'll be it :( but I'm trying to stay positive and give him everything I can

It is often touch & go with Atticus but you manage that brilliantly . If his condition ultimately defeats him then its his condition that let him down, not you. For now we can celebrate the poop :love:

Graciee, You are the best person for him. I lost my megacolon twins and had to stop myself from thinking they would not be gone if they were under your care. I am so glad Atticus has you.

It is often touch & go with Atticus but you manage that brilliantly . If his condition ultimately defeats him then its his condition that let him down, not you. For now we can celebrate the poop :love:
Thank you for saying that, I always worry ima let him down [emoji51]

Graciee, You are the best person for him. I lost my megacolon twins and had to stop myself from thinking they would not be gone if they were under your care. I am so glad Atticus has you.
Oh no I'm sure that's not true, honestly they would've got the best care with you. Sometimes we can do our absolute best but the bun just is too unwell I think. Everytime Atticus gets sick I'm just winging it, I don't really know what I'm doing tbh, I just do the meds and keep trying different foods etc and do the fluids /feeds, it's what everyone does for their bun when they've got stasis. It just sucks he has this, because it's like mega stasis when he has an episode [emoji51] when the others have had stasis in the past it's completely different to an Atticus episode [emoji51] which does make it hard to manage /predict I think. Megacolon is a horrible thing to have :(

You do loads more than I can do for mine. And you know his episodes so well!

I think it's a pity there's not enough known about megacolon to help with more therapies and regimes.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I don't think Atticus would get better care with anyone, including a vet. You know him, and he trusts you, he's a lucky bunny being in your care x

I def echo above, its obvious you care for him and he is very well cared for with you. I'd imagine some may not even care enough to have kept him with these issues - and certainly not tried as hard as you do.

I can somewhat relate to how frightening megacolon is - my friend has a permanent resident to her rescue who suffers megacolon. its horrible and frightening every time. they can only really do as you do, IV, meds, force feed. it sucks nonetheless

You do loads more than I can do for mine. And you know his episodes so well!

I think it's a pity there's not enough known about megacolon to help with more therapies and regimes.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Yea I really wish more was known! I'd do anything to find out what was going on. My vet said a gut biopsy is the only way and he wouldn't do one tho :(

Back