• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know what to put/ He's gone

Just spoken to Steve. He waited because just as he arrived 2 dogs came in who were fitting. they were making a lot of noise and distressing Gideon so Steve took him back out to the car where he could stroke to him and keep him calm.

The lump in his neck was a tumour plus his lungs were badly damaged. When I listened to them when his breathing first started struggling I couldn;t even hear his heart beating from the noise his lungs were making.

Gideon had a bad respiratory infection last summer and we were amazed he had recovered and had no further problems. I think the heat, which has been nonstop for 2 weeks, has a lot to answer for with our bunnies. Plus the deformities of Gideons bones means his chest was not as big as it should be so he was always going to be vulnerable to this happening. Just can't believe how quickly it happened :(

I am so pleased he moved in with the special boys after loosing Gwendolyn a few months back. I had never seen him so happy as he was with them :love:

He did well to last as long as he did by the sounds of it - what a fighter!

And it's lovely that he was so happy in his final months. x

im glad he was happy until the end, its soo sad that he has left, but you made his last few months happy ones

:cry::cry: Sleep tight little Gideon, it was a huge privilege to have you as my sponsor bun and I hope you and Gwendolyn are snuggling at the bridge xxx

Back