• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else's rabbits chew on their cage bars?

I would love to have my bunnies out 24/7 but even when they are out at seperate times they either chew under my sofa, the window ledge on my french doors or my girl is an absolute nightmare for cables i have hidden them all but shes always after my BT hub or my laptop wire. Plus she's not as well litter trained as my boy. I hope one day mine could be out all day and be friends! :-(

Trev used to do this if i had to put him in his cage to clean up and he wanted to be with me :roll: however his cage was always covered up with a blanket at night time so he understood that it was time to stay in his hutch if it was covered. Soo if he started bar chewing id cover the front of the hutch :oops: just until id finished cleaning of course.
maybe you could try it if he cant see you at night then maybe he doesnt have a reason to bar chew?

Mine have only ever done this when ive had to confine them to a cage for some reason eg. Illness. Im really lucky actually mine are free range in my flat 24/7 and arent destructive or noisy atall :shock::love: They sleep quietly under my bed at night and the only thing i do occasionally hear is them doing the bunny 500 at 6am! :lol:

rosie and mowgli did when they where younger, rosie was the worst, it was when i had them in a indoor rabbit cage with plastic base and wire top part

then when i changed them to dogcrates, it was never a problem, for some strange reason they didn't bother :lol:

Mine have only ever done this when ive had to confine them to a cage for some reason eg. Illness. Im really lucky actually mine are free range in my flat 24/7 and arent destructive or noisy atall :shock::love: They sleep quietly under my bed at night and the only thing i do occasionally hear is them doing the bunny 500 at 6am! :lol:

Ditto.

Except mine aren't allowed under the bed!

:lol::lol::lol: :lol: I couldn't read some of these replies for laughing so much (thank you). I've got all this to come!
I've just got some NIC panels so Jenson has a run (instead of the kitchen) for when I'm home, the next plan is to move him up the tv end of the living room and once he's been "done" to start letting him free range when I'm home. I do put him back in the cage at night or when I'm at work, I feel lousy about it but he's such a monkey I can't trust him not to escape yet as I've only just got the NIC stuff.

For some strange reason he has (today) deceided to start chewing the sides of his litter tray. He's got plenty of stuff to chew on, willow stick bundle, ball, chewable hay basket, but no, today its the plastic litter tray!!!

Oh, and he always decides to be hyper when its time for me to go to bed!

Back