• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybody meal plan?

Jacqueline122

Warren Scout
I'm pretty regimented when it comes to meal planning, I write up 28 or a little less meals and make a four week plan so I know exact amounts to buy when I do a weekly shop.

As we're living with my parents just now I've not done it in a while but I can't wait to get back in to it, we won't be moving until summer but I'm already writing up my plan :lol: .

Does anybody else do this or am I crazy? Also I want to eat at least one vegetarian dish a week so any ideas would be much appreciated!

Nope!

We had a food shop delivered today but have nothing for tea as I am dreadful at shopping so ended up with a load of stuff that doesn't go together!

I try to! Usually go a few weeks getting on with it really well then forget for a few weeks :oops: the weeks we meal plan are always cheaper shops and less wastage :D

Nope!

We had a food shop delivered today but have nothing for tea as I am dreadful at shopping so ended up with a load of stuff that doesn't go together!

:lol: maybe a plan would be a good idea for you then. I even write out each recipe so I know exact amount of mince, chicken etc etc to get. It saves so much money! I used to be terrible for waste.

when i was in my twenties i shopped for a month at a time and had meal plans. i might go back to it soon but my planning will be very simple and on a weekly rotation.

I used to do a big shop when I felt like it and got little shops from the local co op which cost a fortune so that's when I decided to start pre planning. My husband is paid weekly so I like to do a weekly shop of around £50 then every other month we would go to costco for the big things like washing powder, toilet roll, kitchen towel. We would spend about £200 on that.

It's the little things like this that I miss so much living with my parents. Roll on summer time!

I'm fussy and I've found I only like enough meals that I cook to fill 3 weeks. So I've got a 3 week plan. I got so fed up of coming home and trying to decide what to cook because I'm so indecisive. I'm beginning to understand why I'm single :lol: I also don't like waste so this way I only buy what I need for that week. I have fish once a week and meat once or twice a week and the rest veggie or with quorn mince or veggie sausages (I don't like proper mince or sausages, told you I was fussy!)

I'm fussy and I've found I only like enough meals that I cook to fill 3 weeks. So I've got a 3 week plan. I got so fed up of coming home and trying to decide what to cook because I'm so indecisive. I'm beginning to understand why I'm single :lol: I also don't like waste so this way I only buy what I need for that week. I have fish once a week and meat once or twice a week and the rest veggie or with quorn mince or veggie sausages (I don't like proper mince or sausages, told you I was fussy!)

What kinda of vegi meals do you make? My husbands a meaty man and I would like to encourage him to have at least one vegi meal a week. I'm a little fussy but I love cooking :)

I kind of plan, in that we decide if we want certain meals that require specific fresh ingredients at some point during the week. Other than that we cook using frozen and tinned products -so frozen; mince, chicken, fish (plain, not battered or breaded), onion, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli & cauliflour, baby carrots, peas, sweetcorn, etc and tinned; kidney beans, new potatoes, tuna, tomatoes, etc.

We have ZERO waste because of this and frozen is usually cheaper too, so our weekly shop, including nappies, all household cleaning products, toilet rolls, kitchen roll, washing liquid, and obviously all food (inc lots of fruit and cheeses for our toddler) comes to £40ish a week.

What kinda of vegi meals do you make? My husbands a meaty man and I would like to encourage him to have at least one vegi meal a week. I'm a little fussy but I love cooking :)

Nothing too exciting! I only just started cooking ( at 25 years old! ) and I like basic food. Have you tried sneaking in Quorn mince instead of ordinary? My mum did it and my step dad and brother didn't even notice! I have shepherds pie using quorn mince and it's yummy. I bought a student cook book because it has simple food in which is all I eat and it doesn't expect you to have any fancy gadgets! I'm quite happy with just like a veggie stir fry or veggie bake really. There's a receipe in my student cook book for a rice dish with quorn mince and mushrooms and you put curry paste in it and pilau rice seasoning in the rice and throw in onions and peppers etc.

Nothing too exciting! I only just started cooking ( at 25 years old! ) and I like basic food. Have you tried sneaking in Quorn mince instead of ordinary? My mum did it and my step dad and brother didn't even notice! I have shepherds pie using quorn mince and it's yummy. I bought a student cook book because it has simple food in which is all I eat and it doesn't expect you to have any fancy gadgets! I'm quite happy with just like a veggie stir fry or veggie bake really. There's a receipe in my student cook book for a rice dish with quorn mince and mushrooms and you put curry paste in it and pilau rice seasoning in the rice and throw in onions and peppers etc.

I've never done it but always been tempted. When I was a teenager I went through a vegetarian phase and I loved this packet quorn bolognese that was dry and you added water. Mmmm wish I knew what make it was because I loved it!

I love meat but meat doesn't love me :(

Absolutely! We have 3 kids to feed and I'd be lost without planning. I write down each weeks meals then do the shopping list to suit. I get very sore shopping do it online with the Tesco upfront delivery thing. That way I can have a top up delivery if needed with things like croissants for the weekend or more milk and bread.

Back