• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you use bowls for pellets?

Yes my two have a bowl each but they often share one and shove each other out the way :roll: I prefer to hand feed them if I have time in the morning ;)

I used to but he just threw them out of the bowl anyway. Now he has a few handfed (spoilt but means Im his bestest friend) and then the rest are loose in the pile of food hay. I think mostly if he isnt hand fed he's more likely to eat the hay and accidentally discover nommy pellets rather than forage for them but oh well, keeps him busy.

I just chuck pellets on the shed floor :lol: means they have to work for them rather than just being given them. I put a hay pile, scatter pellets in it, then put more hay on top.

Last edited:
Nope, I hand feed mine :) Sometimes just scatter them on the floor but try not to as Bella eats them all :roll: Greedy little pig :lol:

One bowl each placed about a foot apart. Stops any competition over them and makes it easier to measure them out.

When I had two I started putting pellets on the floor so they wouldn't push and scratch over the bowl. Using bowl again now that Ada is on her own.

Mine have bowls! tho with my pair Matilda and Grayson, I shut Matilda in the dog crate to eat as shes a slow eater but is on less food than Grayson, and Grayson eats out of the crate as he scoffs it straight down :roll:

Back