• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you mind if people spell/pronounce you buns name wrong?

a bit, because Buckley isnt very hard to say or spell! for ages oh's mum called him "Barclay" which annoyed me cos we'd explained the pronunciation and written it down so there was really no excuse!

My vets had Skye down as Sky which irked me a bit because I had spelt it out in the phone! Skye is supposed to be the feminine version where as Sky is the boys version. Doesn't really matter tho I suppose ;)

One of my bunnies is called Flopsy, a very common bunny name I think you'll agree. When I registered her at the vets they spelt it Floopsy :roll:

I didn't correct them, so now it is quite funny when the vets come out, they kind of muffle her name as I think they're embarrassed saying Floopsy :lol:

My vets are pretty good given that they have to deal with Peasgood Nonsuch, Eglantine, Parsley Piert etc etc - but they never do call out Carnation Lily Lily-Rose's name in full!!!

I called our cat Mittenz. Everyone always spelt it Mittens :lol: I wasn't really surprised/bothered though!

One of my bunnies is called Flopsy, a very common bunny name I think you'll agree. When I registered her at the vets they spelt it Floopsy :roll:

I didn't correct them, so now it is quite funny when the vets come out, they kind of muffle her name as I think they're embarrassed saying Floopsy :lol:

:lol: Floopsy :love:

Ours are Coco and Thumper. Both girls, incidentally.

When I spelled out Coco's name i.e. without an A at the end (like in the drink) the receptionist looked at me and said "well yes, of course!" with the accompanying look that said "didn't you think I knew?!" :lol:

They love our bunnies as they are oh so soft! (Satins :love:)

No-ones ever pronounced Archie and Izzy's names wrong but they aren't unusual names so they're quite easy to pronounce, I know at the vets they've spelt Izzy's name as Izzie, but I don't mind that, I've even thought about changing it to that because that spelling is probably used more but it doesn't really matter so I've kept it as Izzy, I never really write/type their names anyway apart from on here so it doesn't matter how its spelt.

But my name is always pronounced wrong and that does annoy me :lol:

Mischa's name always got spelt or pronounced wrong. The vets had him on file as Miskha, I didn't correct them because that's kinda how it's pronounced, Mish-ka, the 'ch' is a 'k' sound. I don't mind if people mispronounce or misspell it because in hindsight maybe I should've spelt it with a k but ho hum, definitely not changing it now!

Stephen is down as "Steven" at the vets. It does annoy me but I don't want to seem really fussy by demanding they change it. I do now specify when I'm booking him into places that it's "Stephen, with a PH".

:roll: I'm just difficult.

My last name has so many different spellings that I've grown up spelling that out too. Can't wait to get married and change it! :lol:

Louie is down as Louis at the vets, even my Son writes Louis!

It's LouiE :evil::lol::lol:

At the vets Salem for years was down as 'Salam' and Nugget was 'Nuggett', but it didn't bother me much or I would have corrected them. I did wonder if the insurance company might use it as an excuse not to pay out though!

Now the vets tend to check the spelling when I register a new animal.

Mischa's name always got spelt or pronounced wrong. The vets had him on file as Miskha, I didn't correct them because that's kinda how it's pronounced, Mish-ka, the 'ch' is a 'k' sound. I don't mind if people mispronounce or misspell it because in hindsight maybe I should've spelt it with a k but ho hum, definitely not changing it now!

Oh I thought it was pronounced 'Mee-sha', sorry :oops:

I suppose we have thrown a few at the vet with the names of our current rabbits being: Chloe (easy, but she was named before she came to us); Milo (easy enough); then Niamh and Darragh. Others causing some level of difficulty have been Fionn and Padraig. When we take one for their first visit the vets ask me to write the names down.:)

We also have a parrot named Aoife. I was told about her I should pick names easier to pronounce. I replied to the person that she shouldn't have a problem because the parrot can say it!:shock:

No one gets Rupert & Tia wrong, but it irritates me when people call them 'it' :evil:

My name is Kirsty, and it irritates me when people write or say kristy - seriously, is it that hard to put the i and r the right way round!!!

Stephen is down as "Steven" at the vets. It does annoy me but I don't want to seem really fussy by demanding they change it. I do now specify when I'm booking him into places that it's "Stephen, with a PH".

My last name has so many different spellings that I've grown up spelling that out too. Can't wait to get married and change it! :lol:
Ditto! Towey is just awkward - No one can get James wrong, surely?! :lol:

At the vets Salem for years was down as 'Salam' and Nugget was 'Nuggett', but it didn't bother me much or I would have corrected them. I did wonder if the insurance company might use it as an excuse not to pay out though!

Now the vets tend to check the spelling when I register a new animal.

Oh I thought it was pronounced 'Mee-sha', sorry :oops:

:lol: Don't worry. ;)

Considering that neither OH or I actually call our rabbits by their given names - I don't really mind too much if others get it wrong. Boris has become Bobo, and Harley is called Pudding...only when they are doing something naughty do they get called their real names.

My mum is terrible though - on the phone the other day, she asked me 'and how is Mandy?'. Now Mandy is DOG that we used to have years ago....:shock:

Hi :wave:
My bunnies are fine as they are called Daisy and Harry, it's me who's the problem. My name is Cecily, I get all sorts of mishaps with my name. The most common i get called is Stephanie!
I used to get annoyed, now I just think it' s amusing :D

Nope, not everyone has time to pay close attention to the spelling and copy it out, although if I'd been typing/writing out the rabbits name numerous times and the same person was replying to all of those with a different spelling completely I'd maybe be a bit annoyed that they aren't paying attention. Mine are all pretty easy to spell anyway, except Daidaiiro but my dad just calls her 'lilly' anyway

me too :lol: if someone asks I say "its Measey, M E A S E Y" :lol: bit like when I say my postcode I use the phonetic alphabet because theres a couple of Ns in there that end up as Ms if I dont :roll::lol:

Mae was the only name at risk of being spelt wrong (lets face is Sebastian and Imogen aren't hard) but no-one spelt it wrong. I think I would be annoyed though!

Back