• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever want a break from your furries?

I do sometimes feel like that when I open the door and they've strewn hay everywhere and there is loads of cleaning to do (and they've chewed a hole in my duvet cover... MINI!! :evil:) but most of the time I don't. When I do go away I miss them terribly, especially my lops as I wake up with them and go to sleep with them.

Funnily enough you are the first person to think of that :? ;) :lol: :lol:

:roll: That's me - queen of the corny jokes!!!! :lol:

You're so dedicated - feel a bit guilty talking to you about wanting a break from the furries. I love them to bits and am thankful they're fit and healthy and pooing!! Would be worse if they weren't pooing!!!:D

The idea of a break away from pets somtimes seems so appealing, especially if they have been poorly and i feel so stressed i wish i had never got them:shock:
But this year i managed two weekends away and i missed and fretted about them so much, i was on the phone every day to pet sitters! it is less stressful not to leave them and to know they are being looked after my way:? Not fair on my Hubby though, never to have holiday.:(
So the answer is.... yes i would love a holiday but only if i didnt have any pets to leave:?

Never in a million years, i feel like crying just thinking about them not being near me :? xxxxxxxx

:roll: That's me - queen of the corny jokes!!!! :lol:

You're so dedicated - feel a bit guilty talking to you about wanting a break from the furries. I love them to bits and am thankful they're fit and healthy and pooing!! Would be worse if they weren't pooing!!!:D

If mine were fit and healthy and pooing I would definitely be taking a break :D :D

Its because they are sick that I don't want to leave them, even though we would love a break

I didn't go to Center Parcs this week, that's the first time in over 10years, all because I didn't want to leave them. Last year Tinker :love: was still here and I took his hutch to my grandads. This year, that's not possible because Pebbles and Barnaby have an aviary-style enclosure.

My grandad has mobility problems so I wouldn't want him coming here and he wouldn't be able to step over the safety door. My mum would look after them but not as well as I do:oops:

However, just once I'd love to have a lay-in. I always go to them at 6.15am-ish, unless I've been awake half the night and have overslept :)

But I do go back to bed on Sundays after I've feed, watered, groomed, been ignored by them :lol:

I did want a break a couple of weeks ago.

I had to send my foster dog back because I couldn't cope, then my gerbil died and I had to have my mouse pts on the same day. I didn't want to do any feeding, cleaning out or even looking at the animals I had left - just felt like a bad owner all round. :cry:

Yes. I think it is a normal emotion when feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope. I don't mean it but it certainly helps to feel that emotion and confront it at times. For example last night for 5 mins i'd had enough, both buns poorly, me poorly and heavily pregnant and the house is a mess from renovation. It helped me to say it out loud and feel it, even though I of course don't mean it and love my buns to bits. Whenever I feel this way it is always about something much more going on than just the rabbits.... cummulative effect.

The only time I ever feel that I can't cope with Louie or previous rabbits is when they are ill.

Only when i'm feeling a bit grumpy or ill and they decide they want to be mega naughty! I hate leaving them when we go away though, i feel so guilty and miss them like mad, i look forward to getting home from my holidays so i can see them again!

I read the thread title as "Do you ever want to break your furries?" :lol: :lol:

Nope. I don't want to be away from them. Maybe if they're ill and I'm really stressed/upset about it.

Back