• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

did you change your rescue bun's name?

Did you keep your bunnies previous name?

• Total voters
I did the same!!:oops: I kept my first two bunnies names Audrey and Benjamin, then realised that I could start the alphabet theme so all of my rescue
rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters have had their names changed to fit this theme: Charlie, Dougal, Elsie, Frankie, George, Harley, Indie and Jasmin!
x

Not fair you are further down the alphabet than me :p

My bun was called Velvet which did suit her. Unfortunately my last bun who died from EC was called Vinnie and I kept mixing the names up - I think because they both began with 'v'. I ended up bawling my eyes out every time I called her by Vinnie's name so she was changed to Oidhche-Velvet.

I'm suprised so many have changed their names, I thought the majority would of kept them. Those of you who did did your buns know their old name? if so did it take long for them to learn their new one?

ETA: if you kept some but changed others you can vote for both. I should of added another option:oops:

The thing with those rescue names is.. I don't think they're used to them at all. I mean, most the rescues I know try hard, do their best and they really succeed at taking care of the rabbits the best they can and also manage to give them some attention, but I don't think most names are used that much.. I don't think most rabbits "listen" to it anyway. Of course this could be different when the name wasn't given by the rescue, but both Feline and Nora didn't have a name before coming to the rescue. (Well, Nora might have but her previous owners moved house without the cats and didn't bother to leave a note including their names.. :roll:)

Eh, long story Dollie but the point is..? What I was trying to say.... :lol: I doubt most of these names have any value to the animals and because of that I don't mind changing it. It's not like they listened to their rescuename, so why should I bother using a name I don't even like..

I voted No but really my answer is Yes and No. Beatrix used to be Oreo but I kept Frasier and Annie's names. I did want to change Annie's to Shilpa but it just never stuck.

yes i changed it she was called Anya when i had her from the rspca but we couldnt get used to it so she is now Maisey which i think really suits her xx

i kept both Pearl and Holly's names... for me its like keeping them connected to the rescue who took them in and showered them in love and gave them a 2nd chance, i dont think i would ever change the name of a rescue animal.

i kept both Pearl and Holly's names... for me its like keeping them connected to the rescue who took them in and showered them in love and gave them a 2nd chance, i dont think i would ever change the name of a rescue animal.

Yes me too. :)

I suppose things like that very much depend on the circumstances that they came to you in and how the rescue looked after them.

I suppose things like that very much depend on the circumstances that they came to you in and how the rescue looked after them.

i went to hopper haven both times.. i wanted my buns to keep the name that they came from Lou with, she loves them millions times more than i possibly could :love:

I asked my girls tonight if they wanted to change Daisys name when she comes home and they looked at me in horror. "Why would we do that Mam - she's Daisy!"

I had to remind them we had a family vote on Luckys name. :lol::lol::lol:

Went looking for a husbun for Molly.
Found a lop very timid as he had been abused.
His name was Joker ,i asked my son about changing his name
he said no way he is Joker.
He is a lovely boy and now very tame.:love:

I would have liked to change Peter's name but as my son is a mad Spurs supporter and his fav player is Peter Crouch , he has kept his name lol

^^^ this - As i looked at charlie and Mittens on here alot before I got them - They were Charlie and Mittens to me and thats that, it would have felt like i had got another rabbit if I had changed their name - Im probably talking absolutely gobbledy goop!!! but I know what I mean!!

God yes,who wants a cute rabbit who had the name of a scruffy old man,wearing a wooly hat & wellys!!!No offense Jill.:lol:So Compo became my adorable Dill.:DIf he had had that name all his life I would've kept it,but he was Compo for only 3 months.

Back