• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

did you change your rescue bun's name?

Did you keep your bunnies previous name?

• Total voters
We kept our rescues with their names as they did suit them.

Penguin, Harley and Floppy. Minnie was originally Minstrel but, as we already have a Minstrel, shortened it to Minnie.

jasmine kept her name. except i call her jas not jasmine. sophie would have so suited her though but i couldnt change her name it didnt feel right to do so, so i just shortened it.

we change nearly all of ours as we have a theme to our names (eg Damson, Quince, Medlar, Pumpkin, Nutmeg, Willow, Hawthorn, Parsley, Peaches, Bluebell, Mullberry, Teasal, Comfrey, Milk Thistle, Blackberry etc etc). there are so many choices in the tree/fruit/plant/flower category that there is one to suit every rabbit:D Parsley is the only one we might have avoided as a name but we actually found him in the Parsley patch on the allotment!!! (he was a stray)

The only ones we didn't change were Florence who had been Florence for so many years in rescue - and also there is a type of Fennel which is Florence Fennel, and then Pansy who came to us a couple of months ago.:D

That's how my parents name animals too:D

Sally stayed as Sally as I got used to calling her that in the run up to getting her.

I didn't even ask for Tulip and Tiestos name, wouldn't have kept it anyway.

I wanted to rename my dog, she is not a Tilly at all, but she knew her name. Seemed mean to change it as she had already had enough changes in her life:(

I do think it is OK to change a buns name though. Feegal was called Fifi at first, and his full name is Nac McFeegal, but at the vets and insurance he is Feegal. So over time, using his full name he has become the norm, so much so he doesn't recognise Fifi any more. Not too confusing:oops:

I could click both.

I left Herbies name as was, but i gave Inca her name (kayj used to call her her little poppet)

Molly I found as a stray, so I named her Molly from when I found her.

Brian, was already named from the rescue... and it suits him unbelievably well, could never have changed it.

Candyfloss stayed as Candyfloss
Jo became Summer
Roger stayed as Roger
Floppy Mary became Tilly
Splodge beame Autumn
Rosie stayed as Rosie.

Wish never had a name before coming to me.

Basically, if I knew them by their name then I kept it, but if I didn't know their name before knowing the bunny, then I changed it to a more suitable name, apart from with Tilly. I knew her as Floppy Mary for about a month but couldn't deal with having such a silly name on a rabbit of mine.

I kept Carlo's I just thought with his cute markings he reminded me of a clown, and Carlo would be a good name for a clown.. He also gets called : "You little white :censored:!" only when he has escaped and pooed in my bed though :oops:

I changed my own bunnies names. Clover was called Princess (She was called Ugly before this but FF changed it!) and Zack was called Tuvock...

I tend to keep animals that come into the rescue the same unless we already have one with that name to save confusion, or if I just cannot stand it (like the name Fluffy. We get SO many Fluffy's in!)

Peter's name was originally Pepper but I changed it. I don't know why really because it suited him quite well. He hadn't been called Pepper long because he'd only just gone to the rescue and he was found on the side of the road so didn't have a name he knew. I think I just (perhaps selfishly) wanted to give him a name I really liked!! Everyone in my family loves the Beatrix Potter stories so 'Peter Rabbit' he became (not that he looks a thing like Peter Rabbit)!! Not a very original name I know.

Dusty and Clover were called Princess Fiona and Piper when I got them! :lol: Having said that, I came to realise Princess Fiona was probably a more suitably glam name for her than Dusty! :p

I've always *thought* about changing names but never actually done it! :lol:

Even when my sister ditched her very unimaginatively named white bunny Snowy on me, he stayed a Snowy!

I always think about giving them better names but then can never think of anything quick enough and the old name ends up sticking. :roll::lol:

I have for three of my rescues Max, Roger and Betty, Jemimah was originally 'Foxy' I don't think I need to explain why I changed it. :lol:

I have voted both. I kept Fudge and Dutchie but changed Albert and Evie to fit my alphabet theme :oops:

I did the same!!:oops: I kept my first two bunnies names Audrey and Benjamin, then realised that I could start the alphabet theme so all of my rescue
rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters have had their names changed to fit this theme: Charlie, Dougal, Elsie, Frankie, George, Harley, Indie and Jasmin!
x

When I found mine on the rescue website, they were just called Baby 1 and Baby 2, so I'd already started thinking of names for them. When I first went to visit them, I discovered they had been named Dash and Blankie. they were originally thought to be boys though (only one of them actually was!), so I had to rethink my naming anyway. A friend of mine came up with Sergeant and Pepper. When I got their vaccination cards through they actually said Dash and Dollar, so perhaps poor Pepper's been through three names already!

I only ever changed one - my first Rescue. The rest I kept cos I liked the name & they suited the buns

Back