• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Despondent

I hope you don't think I joined just to be controversial :oops:

I just wanted to correct things that people were saying that were wrong :oops:

If it makes a difference, by getting the correct info, any letter they write to HO is more likely to make an impact, because it's not full of mistakes :lol:

animusuk said:
SOAD said:
it's just kind of annoying when everyone is competing to have the most spoiled rabbit, even when all they are providing is more and more toys. I'm certainly not the first person to have a problem with that, just the first person to say anything publically

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How can you have a problem with someone buying their rabbits toys :? and lots of people have this problem with people buying their rabbits toys or spoiling their rabbit, but you're the only person to say it. Not picking fly's but what a bizzare thing to say, how can anyone have a problem with someone spoiling their rabbit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate, that's really not what I meant, I should have been more clear :D
I meant that it turned into a contest, people were effectively saying 'my rabbits more spoiled than yours' like it was a competition or something, it was verging on ridiculus, I of course don't have a problem with people spoiing their buns :D
That's in the past anyway, it's not so common anymore

Sorry I get you I was being thick, I thought you meant like a secret club that run people down for spoiling there bunnies :lol: :lol: :lol: . I was thinking how weird :lol: :lol: . No I get you, I know what you mean now, yep I from time to time feel a bit insecure about it too.

I think there can be some bad topics ( :oops: ) but also we have fun and chat nicely, althoug i do agree with the spoilt bunny thing and i feel guilty when people show off their sheds and stuff cos my bunnies are in a hutch and run. I think also the madness of some members scares the newbies away :lol:

I may have been living in a bubble and must say I haven't noticed much aggression. I know I can be agressive if I feel that someone is being unreasonable or feel very annoyed at what someone has said.
Shall tone it down as I am a nice person really :angel: Just am slightly highly strung :lol: :lol: :lol:

And remember one of :D or :wink: goes a long way! 8)

kayjay said:
And I've never found your posts abrupt anyway - your passion for animal welfare comes across but in a non dictatorial manner :D

Awww thank you :D xx

And Katie, I agree with Kathryn, I dont think Ive ever read anything awful that you've put. I suppose I meant those people who dont even introduce themselves, or pop up everytime there is an arguement. Ho hum though, it doesnt matter :)

Beebop said:
And remember one of :D or :wink: goes a long way! 8)

Did you see my post in general chat about the wink smiley? :lol:

yay everybody talking again!!!! thats what we like! And Cavysrock dont feel guilty about your buns being in a hutch and a run instead of a shed, each to their own and each person has what is convenient to them, and more importantly what fits in their garden! :lol: From what i can gather from your posts, IF your buns lack anything by being in a hutch and run rather than a shed - which I know they don't - you more than make up for it with your love and commitment to them. At the end of the day its clear you love them to bits, and having lots of space doesnt always make us or animals happy! :wink: :lol: :D x Jess

buttons&thumper said:
having lots of space doesnt always make us or animals happy!

No, I'm sure some people would be quite happy spending their entire lives shut in a bathroom never going out, so long as they were getting fed and watered and 'loved'.

Wouldn't they?

:roll: :?

Tell me about it :roll:

I took the full brunt of peoples anger last week on a breeding thread. But you must understand is that not everyone is the same, not everyone acts like same, not everyone from an organisation is the same and it is wrong to tar everyone with the same brush I personally feel.

But anyway back to the newbie thingy, I do believe that if you talk to someone in a nice, positive manner and help them, and not jump down their throat is the way to go I feel.

Oh yes, I'm always honest on here and can type from the heart (bloomin' emotions), so excuse my posts at times.

Yeah, us breeders suck lol.
I can undertsand that everyone here puts the rabbits needs first and that's good, but maybe we should use the preview button first, read it back to ourselves and think about how we'd take the advice. As the worst that could happen is the people would be offended, nothing would change and they'd just never come back.

Nix, I am sure a bun would rather have a bathroom than a 3ft hutch. I was trying to reassure Cavyrock that her buns having a hutch and run was ok and that not everyone can afford or accomodate a shed. At no point was I trying to suggest that people like being shut in, sorry if thats what it seemed like. Again its about the environment and enriching it for your animals. Think I may stop looking at this thread, just seem to keep putting my foot in it... :?

I was dying to join this forum as I thought everyone sounded so friendly and loved their buns so much. When I finally got on (registration problems) I did see aggressive posts and became quite nervous about posting myself. However, as I read the thread yesterday I was so upset at the way issues were being addressed I just had to say something and so posted stating that there may be a better way to put views across. I hope my views did not come over as being aggressive as my posting was simply out of concern for a forum member who was seeking the advice of other rabbit lovers. In hindsight I should have taken my views to an adminstrator. I hope that people will understand my actions and I am really pleased that others want to make this forum a fun and friendly place to be :)

sophy said:
I was dying to join this forum as I thought everyone sounded so friendly and loved their buns so much. When I finally got on (registration problems) I did see aggressive posts and became quite nervous about posting myself. However, as I read the thread yesterday I was so upset at the way issues were being addressed I just had to say something and so posted stating that there may be a better way to put views across. I hope my views did not come over as being aggressive as my posting was simply out of concern for a forum member who was seeking the advice of other rabbit lovers. In hindsight I should have taken my views to an adminstrator. I hope that people will understand my actions and I am really pleased that others want to make this forum a fun and friendly place to be :)

I love this forum, it's become part of my life (be warned :lol: ) but you do have to ignore some of the more argumentative posts if you don't want to get involved. At the end of the day it's a bit like television, no one makes you read a particular post and you don't have to click on it again. Otherwise I've made some good friends through RU and got loads of useful info and help :D

buttons&thumper said:
yay everybody talking again!!!! thats what we like! And Cavysrock dont feel guilty about your buns being in a hutch and a run instead of a shed, each to their own and each person has what is convenient to them, and more importantly what fits in their garden! :lol: From what i can gather from your posts, IF your buns lack anything by being in a hutch and run rather than a shed - which I know they don't - you more than make up for it with your love and commitment to them. At the end of the day its clear you love them to bits, and having lots of space doesnt always make us or animals happy! :wink: :lol: :D x Jess

Thanks, at least some one thinks that :D

I'm sure I've seen a picture of Beth's hutch and run and it looked ok to me :?

But here we are again, arguing about someone's ability to care for their rabbits when opinions haven't been asked for at all - enough to put any newbie off I would have thought

Nix said:
No, I'm sure some people would be quite happy spending their entire lives shut in a bathroom never going out, so long as they were getting fed and watered and 'loved'.

Wouldn't they?

:roll: :?

I'm sure bunnies would love to have the space of the bathroom :lol:
better than being locked in your bedroom, it would make a mess with out the toilet

kayjay said:
I'm sure I've seen a picture of Beth's hutch and run and it looked ok to me :?

Thanks, it's not THE best but I am upgrading it when I move house, I just have to desigh it so the shed shop can make it :D

Back