• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Despondent

Cookie&Twix said:
buttons&thumper said:
In fact having just caught up with another post, where i defended a member, who then proceeded to attack another member, i think i may leave the forum for a bit. really cant take all the nastiness. I thought this was about caring for buns but it seems a few people want to turn it into a dictatorship. To be honest i enjoyed this forum when i first joined but the past couple of weeks the tone has really changed. shame. x Jess

It would really be a shame if you left Jess, it would mean they win.

I agree. I'd say it's a tiny minority who seem to have a different agenda. Mostly everyone else is kind, friendly and considerate, so we've got to stick together and ensure that this forum is a safe place to celebrate rabbit ownership, share experiences (happy and sad) and learn from each other. Please don't go

Tbh I don't think there's anything wrong with people putting forward their opinions - that is the point of a forum surely?

I would much rather people said what they thought rather than pretending that everything is fine. If we all pat each other on the back and never say what we think then nothing will change.

After all the reason RU was set up in the first place was (I was told at the time) to improve rabbit welfare.

Not wanting to quote forum rules, but members are not allowed to say publically they are leaving the forum.

I think it would be best to let this thread stop now. By doing a link from a specific thread, one cannot talk generally about people giving their opinions. The link clearly highlights a conversation that primarily took place between a newbie and one forum member. To discuss it any further now, would be attacking an individual and I don't feel we would want that.

Nix said:
After all the reason RU was set up in the first place was (I was told at the time) to improve rabbit welfare.

But, we are dealing with people here, and to go too 'full on' alienates them. Lots of us have things to learn, but if people feel alienated they will stop reading and therefore stop learning. :(

I joined this site just under a year ago, and felt incredibly supported as I learned the bunny ropes. If I'd felt in any way judged or criticised, sorry, but I'd have been off.

I'd just like to add that I mean this as a general comment, not aimed at anyone in particular.

capel said:
Yes, I agree, but it can be done in a reasonable manner.

That's what I meant :D

Its not what we say but how we say it and surely by being friendly we will keep RU a place people who care about Rabbits want to visit :D

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
capel said:
Yes, I agree, but it can be done in a reasonable manner.

That's what I meant :D

Its not what we say but how we say it and surely by being friendly we will keep RU a place people who care about Rabbits want to visit :D

Janex

Exactly.

I think I am sometimes guilty of being a bit abrupt with people :oops: and although I do try to be polite, I know i do not always succeed so I will try harder :thumb:

I remember when I first joined the forum and I asked if I could keep my bunn outside after his neuter op and I was jumped on straight away and felt quite upset...from my point of view it was an innocent question as Id never been in the position of having a bunn neutered myself and knew nothing about it.

Also, I have noticed that some members only seem to post on the forum when there is a controversial topic :?

mandy said:
I think I am sometimes guilty of being a bit abrupt with people :oops: and although I do try to be polite, I know i do not always succeed so I will try harder :thumb:

I'm the same. It's only when you read it ages later & think "What b**ch posted that?" & then think..."Oops it was me :oops: " :? :lol:

Angie65 said:
mandy said:

I'm the same. It's only when you read it ages later & think "What b**ch posted that?" & then think..."Oops it was me :oops: " :? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes thats exactly it! :lol:

mandy said:
Also, I have noticed that some members only seem to post on the forum when there is a controversial topic :?

I've noticed that Mandy, or they themselves start the controversial topic - they don't seem interested in posting 'nice' threads showing their rabbits or chatting generally...

And I've never found your posts abrupt anyway - your passion for animal welfare comes across but in a non dictatorial manner :D

Jack's-Jane said:
......at how the 'Rabbit Care' Section is becoming quite aggressive. If I were a newbie browsing the Forum I'd be too timid to post

Just an observation.................

Janex

Only the rabbit care section????

I am sometimes a bit reluctant to reply to some posts incase I get my head bitten off. Some people do not allow people to have their own opinions on subjects and almost dictate that only their opinions are right.

:roll:
Tracey x

mandy said:

I fear I may be guilty of that.
It's not like I sit and look for those type of topics, I read nearly everything on here but rarely have anything constructive to add and when I do say something, like many other people, I get criticised and shouted at, even when it's just an opinion. The only time I bother replying now is when I feel strongly about the subject or have something useful to say :)

It's such a shame the forum has turned into this, when I first joined, the forum was full of people bragging about how 'spoiled' their buns were, which was annoying but bearable and now it's turned into a battle field.
I really hope there's a way to find some kind of middle ground as this forum has some of the nicest people on earth as members and is astronomically helpful to anyone with even the slightest interest in buns :D

Sausages. Perhaps now we have all got that off our chests we can go back to bragging about our buns???? On a personal note, I successfully bonded Damson, my latest rescue into my estabished group at the weekend! Just went out to see him grooming my dominant buck! :D however, fear that I will have to rebond Pistachio into the group as she is still inside recovering from losing her eye :(
But yay to the successful bonding of Damson, he is one happy bun! And i took the divider out the shed so they have more space to run around, and my pigs all bonded together, i now have a group of 3 boys and four girls all together. A successful weekend!!! :D

buttons&thumper said:
Sausages. Perhaps now we have all got that off our chests we can go back to bragging about our buns???? On a personal note, I successfully bonded Damson, my latest rescue into my estabished group at the weekend! Just went out to see him grooming my dominant buck! :D however, fear that I will have to rebond Pistachio into the group as she is still inside recovering from losing her eye :(
But yay to the successful bonding of Damson, he is one happy bun! And i took the divider out the shed so they have more space to run around, and my pigs all bonded together, i now have a group of 3 boys and four girls all together. A successful weekend!!! :D

Makes my bonding of Nomad and Mrs Strop Sarah seem insignificant!! :lol:

Well done :thumb:

Janex

buttons&thumper said:
Sausages. Perhaps now we have all got that off our chests we can go back to bragging about our buns????
This is exactly what I meant.
I didn't mean anything offensive by that, it's just kind of annoying when everyone is competing to have the most spoiled rabbit, even when all they are providing is more and more toys. I'm certainly not the first person to have a problem with that, just the first person to say anything publically.

animusuk said:
buttons&thumper said:
Sausages. Perhaps now we have all got that off our chests we can go back to bragging about our buns????
This is exactly what I meant.
I didn't mean anything offensive by that, it's just kind of annoying when everyone is competing to have the most spoiled rabbit, even when all they are providing is more and more toys. I'm certainly not the first person to have a problem with that, just the first person to say anything publically.

My buns got the old Yellow pages last night, cos the new one came :D :lol:

animusuk said:
mandy said:

I fear I may be guilty of that.
It's not like I sit and look for those type of topics, I read nearly everything on here but rarely have anything constructive to add and when I do say something, like many other people, I get criticised and shouted at, even when it's just an opinion. The only time I bother replying now is when I feel strongly about the subject or have something useful to say :)

It's such a shame the forum has turned into this, when I first joined, the forum was full of people bragging about how 'spoiled' their buns were, which was annoying but bearable and now it's turned into a battle field.
I really hope there's a way to find some kind of middle ground as this forum has some of the nicest people on earth as members and is astronomically helpful to anyone with even the slightest interest in buns :D

I haven't noticed you being 'argumentative' or 'controversial' at all.

As my rabbits are in rather an old shed and don't like toys etc I do sometimes feel a bit inadequate but at the end of the day my buns are happy and that's all that counts surely :D

it's just kind of annoying when everyone is competing to have the most spoiled rabbit, even when all they are providing is more and more toys. I'm certainly not the first person to have a problem with that, just the first person to say anything publically

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How can you have a problem with someone buying their rabbits toys :? and lots of people have this problem with people buying their rabbits toys or spoiling their rabbit, but you're the only person to say it. Not picking fly's but what a bizzare thing to say, how can anyone have a problem with someone spoiling their rabbit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SOAD said:
it's just kind of annoying when everyone is competing to have the most spoiled rabbit, even when all they are providing is more and more toys. I'm certainly not the first person to have a problem with that, just the first person to say anything publically

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How can you have a problem with someone buying their rabbits toys :? and lots of people have this problem with people buying their rabbits toys or spoiling their rabbit, but you're the only person to say it. Not picking fly's but what a bizzare thing to say, how can anyone have a problem with someone spoiling their rabbit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate, that's really not what I meant, I should have been more clear :D
I meant that it turned into a contest, people were effectively saying 'my rabbits more spoiled than yours' like it was a competition or something, it was verging on ridiculus, I of course don't have a problem with people spoiing their buns :D
That's in the past anyway, it's not so common anymore

Back