• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daphne - RIP baby girl

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
I never, ever thought I'd have to post this.
But today Daphne passed away.

I got a call from mum saying Daphne wasn't well and asking me to come down to check her. Got here and decided she needed vets as wet bottom, sat out in the wet all night, cold, off her food etc. It looked like flystrike.

Got her to the vets and her breathing had gotten bad.

While in the consultation Daphne Got very stressed. I held her for her temperature and she started to twitch and I thought she was just trying to protest.

It was at that point she had died. I believe from the stress of the vets, coupled with how ill she was.

They started CPR but I told them not to continue as flystrike would be a difficult road and she's clearly weaker than she's ever been and it would be selfish of me to make her face that.

They were due to move to my house in the next couple weeks. As you all know, Daphne had a history of health problems from EC to respiratory to dental issues.

But she was always sassy and always made her feelings clear.

So now it's just Phoebe. Once I've had my house inspection, Phoebe will move into the kitchen so she's not alone but I don't intend to bond her to another rabbit.

Daphne was my everything. I'd gone through so much with her and its killing me that she is gone.

01ba59a37dec01a6d1f825fc19edee4a.jpg
382cb3aa7bd412b74f01fcff9f3bff88.jpg
c4f58026a0f2eebf9276632e187853f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

So very sorry that you have lost Daphne, glad you were with her at the end though. Big hug for you and Phoebe x sweet dreams Daphne xxx

Aw! I am so sorry you have lost Daphne. They have always been so happy together and Phoebe will miss her. :cry: X

So sorry to hear you lost your baby girl DP :( I loved both your bunnies. Please give little Phoebe a nosebump from me. I hope she settles in to her new life in your new home. Thinking of you both. I really hope you don't mind me saying but if might be worth giving Phoebe a short panacur course in case she takes the bereavement hard.

Sweet dreams beautiful Daphne xx

I'm really sorry D&P, I hope you and Phoebe are okay
Richard

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear you lost your baby girl DP :( I loved both your bunnies. Please give little Phoebe a nosebump from me. I hope she settles in to her new life in your new home. Thinking of you both. I really hope you don't mind me saying but if might be worth giving Phoebe a short panacur course in case she takes the bereavement hard.

Sweet dreams beautiful Daphne xx
I appreciate the advice. I'll start her on that before I head home.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Really sorry to hear of your loss, it sounds like you did everything you could in difficult circumstances. Hugs to Phoebe as well.

I am so sorry you lost your lovely girl. While it can be very difficult to be with them as they pass, I am sure your presence gave her comfort and strength as she went to the rainbow bridge.
Sending hugs to you and Phoebe.

I am so so terribly sorry you lost your beautiful girl, Daphne. She is one of my favourite bunnies on the forum - beautiful markings, and just the right character. Your love and care and admiration for your rabbits always shone through. You did everything you could to support her and she lived her very best life with you and phoebe.
Binkey free beautiful Daphne. Xx
Big big hugs to you. Xx

I'm so sorry to hear you have lost your baby Daphne :( I lost my beautiful girl last week and am also grieving. When you wrote that it's killing you now she's gone I completely relate. I am feeling the exact same. The first 4 to 5 days were especially hard.
Take time to grieve, let it all out. Because I have young children who are also devastated I've been waiting until I'm having a bath to really let it out.
She will always be with you no what and I'm sure she knew just how much you loved her. I'm sending big BIG hugs xx binky free beautiful girl, I hope you and Cherry are playing over the rainbow bridge:(

Oh DP, I'm heartbroken to read your news. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. Daphne was such a lovely lass. She will be deeply missed by so many she never knew. I hope you and Phoebe will find comfort in one another in her absence. She will always be with you in your hearts.
((((((Huge hugs))))))))
Sleep peacefully, sweet Daphne. :cry: xxxxx

Back