• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cystitis transmittable?

Thank you, bunny momma. :love:

Unfortunately, while I was doing Casper's health check just now, I found a small bump/lump on his jaw that wasn't there before, so we're going to the vets again today. :(

It is good to have it checked, though I hope it is something that does not require treatment. Sending hugs to you all.

It is good to have it checked, though I hope it is something that does not require treatment. Sending hugs to you all.
Thank you for your hoping and the hugs, bunny momma. The vet said that for now it's best to just keep an eye on it, as he's eating well and the taking the risk of anaesthesia for an x-ray might not be necessary. So, hopefully it won't cause any trouble, and won't get bigger. I am always so worried he'll get an abscess because of his too-long tooth roots, but the vet didn't think it felt like an abscess, though he couldn't be sure without an x-ray.

Oh gosh, Sorry to hear your back at the vets again. Really hoping little Casper is ok? What did the vets say?

Sorry - didn't see your update. Vibes for your boy. He gets the best care & you'll know if it gets bigger - hoping not obviously

I've been decreasing Sophie's additional pain meds, and she's been without it for a few days now, and she's managing well. Casper seems to be peeing more easily, so they're both showing some signs of improvement. So, I think that must mean the Panacur is helping, which would mean they do have EC? Is there anything I should do to prevent them from getting unwell again after they're done with the Panacur?

FHB used to advise I gave mine panacur regularly (like averaging several times a year, 8 day course) but at times when I anticipated my bunnies being stressed (bereavement, house moves, bonding etc, to be reviewed with vet if they were ill with anything else). Its prob 10 years since Frances retired but my vet Ruth worked alongside her - I asked if the thinking of the practice has changed & she says not. Bereavement is a big one for me, just cos Noodle came down with really severe head tilt & EC episode within 24 hours of her half sister dying

FHB used to advise I gave mine panacur regularly (like averaging several times a year, 8 day course) but at times when I anticipated my bunnies being stressed (bereavement, house moves, bonding etc, to be reviewed with vet if they were ill with anything else). Its prob 10 years since Frances retired but my vet Ruth worked alongside her - I asked if the thinking of the practice has changed & she says not. Bereavement is a big one for me, just cos Noodle came down with really severe head tilt & EC episode within 24 hours of her half sister dying
Oh, that's very helpful to know. Thank you for explaining. That definitely makes sense to be careful in stressful times. Poor Noodle bunny.

Good news with Casper's weeing :D I'm sorry I didn't see your update about his jaw lump. I hope it doesn't get any larger, or better still it just goes away.
Thank you. :D That's really okay that you didn't see it. I really appreciate your hoping it doesn't get any larger or that it'll even just go away. I think it actually might have gotten a little bit bigger, but I'm not sure...

:love: wonderful
Thank you. :love:

Good news about the peeing. Well done.
Thank you, too. :love:

Sophie's been peeing normally since yesterday, too. She's not showing any signs of pain anymore when she pees. :D I wish I knew whether it's the Panacur that's helping or if it's still an effect from the increased veggies. I'd like to know if it's EC or not.

Back